Chapter 46

Sirius' POV

Sirius honestly felt miserable. He wanted Jareth back, and he couldn't have him. He hated it.

But he was respecting Jareth's wishes. Jareth didn't want Sirius, which Sirius was upset by, but he wouldn't be mad at Jareth for it.

Sirius tried to avoid him when he could. He stayed with his friends, as usual, and didn't look over at the Hufflepuff table during meals. He nodded at Jareth in the halls if he saw him so he didn't completely ignore him.

It had been a long day. Sirius was just done. Most students were in their dormitories, and so were the Marauders.

"I'm going to take a walk," Sirius said suddenly and left the room.

"Okay, mate, but be back soon or you'll miss out on the chocolate frogs Remus brought!" James called. Sirius kept walking, out of the dorms, then out of the common room, and into the halls. He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm down a bit.

He began to plan some pranks to play on Snape since the Marauders hadn't yet pranked him this year. Even though it was only the first day.

He then heard voices from around a corner. He stopped, listening to hear who it was.

"What did you think of Potions today?" 'Jareth?' Sirius thought.

"Oh, it was alright." 'New person... ' "It would've been better if you were there to keep me company."

Jareth giggled. 'Giggling?! Who the fU-' "Come on, Carter, I'm sure you have plenty of Slytherin friends to keep you company."

"Yes, but none of them are like you," Carter said. Sirius snuck towards them a bit, hiding so he could see them, but they couldn't see him.

"Like me?"

"You, Jareth, are one of a kind," Carter said with a smile. Jareth laughed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you're smart, funny, kind, a bit of a smartass, and pretty sarcastic, which is fantastic. Not to mention handsome," Carter said and booped Jareth's nose. 'ONLY I'M ALLOWED TO DO THAT-' Sirius thought angrily.

"You just did mention it, though," Jareth pointed out. Carter laughed.

"Like I said: smartass."

"Well, Carter, I have to say... You're pretty, uh, attractive yourself," Jareth said, blushing. Carter smiled. Sirius had had enough. He ran back down the hall he came from, up to the Gryffindor common room and into the dormitories.

"Oh, Sirius, you're back," Peter said. Sirius fake-smiled.

"Of course. You're welcome," he said, flopping onto his bed fabulously.

"We didn't thank you," Remus grumbled. Sirius sat up, smirking.

"Remus, darling, you didn't have to," he said. Remus rolled his eyes and James laughed.

"Whatever. Leona was here a little while ago and she wants to talk to you," Remus said bitterly. Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, really? Has she finally realized that I'm the better one of us?" Sirius said, sitting up. Remus glared at him.

"For your information, Sirius, she was here for me. She also gave me a message for you to come down to the Hufflepuff common room right about... now. It's about Jareth," he explained. Sirius suddenly felt sick. He nodded.

"We'll see about that, Rem. I'll be back," he said, standing gracefully. Until he tripped on the rug. "Shit." He stood, dusting himself off, and smiling. "Don't miss me too much."