Chapter 16

Jareth's POV

Jareth walked out of the Hufflepuff quarters with a depressed sigh. It was still only about 3:30 a.m., but he needed to think, and to think well, he needed to take a walk. Right as he turned the corner he heard footsteps down the hallway. 'People running at this hour? What's the rush about?' he thought as he turned the next corner to see who it was. But instead of just a look down a hallway, Sirius fell right on top of Jareth.

Sirius' silver eyes met with Jareth's gold ones. Jareth started panicking and trying to get out from under Sirius' body, but Sirius held down his shoulders. Jareth's eyes started to water both from pain and emotion.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." Sirius rushed, still holding Jareth's shoulders down on the ground. Jareth looked at him, astonished to hear what he is saying.

"I said all of the wrong things to you, and I really regret starting the year off like that. I don't even know if you will forgive me, but I'm going to try anyway. The moment I saw you in our second year, I was speechless. I can't explain what would happen to me, if I lost you so early in our relationship. I should have taken your feelings into account. Instead of flying off the handle. I'm really sorry, Jareth." Jareth, still as stone, laying on the ground, didn't say a word. A lone tear fell from the side of his eye. 'Oh my lord, I can't speak, what would I even say if I could speak? Should I forgive him? Wait, NO, he broke my heart! I can't do that he doesn't-'. Suddenly Jareth's thoughts were interrupted by a passionate kiss, just with the five seconds he just experienced, he could tell that Sirius was deeply sorry. He could tell that Sirius couldn't take the suspense and that he needed Jareth right then and there. Just with five seconds, you could tell that Jareth's and Sirius' mind shifted to become more like the other. The two boys finally, thoroughly, understood each other.

Sirius pulled away, and Jareth was breathless.

"I'm so sorry, Jareth," Sirius breathed. Jareth searched Sirius' eyes, unable to find words. Instead, he brought a hand to the back of Sirius' head, pulling him in for another kiss.

"Wow... uh... okayyyy..." Leona stared at the two boys on the ground in front of her.

Sirius sat up quickly, accidentally knocking the wind out of Jareth, as Sirius was now sitting on Jareth's stomach.

"Ah, sorry," Sirius said, moving down a bit. Jareth squeaked.

"Uh... Sirius..." Sirius looked at where he was sitting and quickly moved off of Jareth all together. Jareth could tell he wanted to stay and make a few comments, but knew he didn't want to risk hurting him.

"Yeah, I'm, uh, just going to go..." Leona said, walking back into the Hufflepuff common room. Sirius and Jareth stared at each other, neither knowing what to say. Then, they both dissolved into laughter. When they calmed down, Sirius looked over at Jareth, traces worry etched onto his face.

"Jare... I'm... I'm really sorry. And I know the last thing I deserve is another shot, but-"

"Just... say what's on your mind, Sirius," Jareth said. Sirius smiled sheepishly.

"I... I want to be with you, Jareth. And I understand if you don't want to be super public about it right now, or maybe ever, and that's okay. We can just... Take it slow."

"Thank you," Jareth said, smiling. "And we can tell our friends. James, Lily, and Leona already know, and it wouldn't be fair to hide it from the others, so we can tell them, in private."

"Merlin, you're amazing. I am one lucky bastard," Sirius said, smiling, making Jareth blushed.