Chapter 25

Remus' POV

Flashback to the last day before Christmas break

Remus sat on his bed, alone at last, and picked up his book. He finally had some time to read peacefully without interruption.

Leona had left him only moments ago to pack some things to go home. Remus was staying at school over Christmas, as was Sirius. Jareth, James, and Peter were all going home over the break. Sirius was asked to come home by his brother, Regulus, but he refused. The Potter's had also invited Sirius over, but he wanted to stay at Hogwarts as to not impose.

Peter had already left for the break, and James was attempting to woo Lily once more before Christmas began officially. He didn't know where Sirius or Jareth were and, frankly, he didn't care. He was just glad to finally have some peace and quiet.

But, much like Jareth, peace never stayed long for Remus, because just then, their dorm door was thrown open. Two boys stumbled in... snogging intensely. Remus' eyes widened and he tried to disappear into his bed. He was confused as to who it could be. Someone he shared the dorm with, surely, which meant one of the Marauders. It was neither James nor Peter, which meant...

Of course.

He looked at the two boys again, recognized the long black hair as Sirius'. Then he saw that the other boy was...

Jareth?

Remus clapped a hand over his mouth and slid into the bathroom quickly and quietly. Once he was hidden, he burst out laughing.

"Merlin," he whispered. "I'm so bloody stupid. Of course." He laughed again, to himself. He listened at the door to make sure nothing was... happening.

It was quiet except for the sounds of obvious snogging. He emerged from the bathroom and cleared his throat. Sirius, who had obviously been on top of Jareth, rolled of the bed.

"SHIT," he said, scrambling to get off the floor. He ran a hand through his hair casually. "Heeeeeyyyyy, Remus... Fancy seeing you here..."

"Mmhmm. Well. I'd appreciate it if you two snogged somewhere other than here, if you please. I was trying to read," Remus said. Jareth blushed deeply, burying his face in his hands.

"Right, ah, sorry about that, mate..." Sirius was too flustered to make a sarcastic response. He took Jareth by the arm and dragged him out of the room, shutting the door behind him. When Remus was sure that they were gone, he burst out laughing again.

End of flashback

Leona's POV

"So, uh, yeah, that's how I figured the two little arses out," Remus said, laughing. Leona laughed for so long, tears were actually streaming down her face.

"Oh, Merlin, that's fantastic!"

"It was very embarrassing for the poor things," Remus smiled. "Sirius wouldn't look me in the eye for days. I finally got him to talk about it, though, which was a mistake, because then he wouldn't shut up about 'his Jareth' a week."

"His Jareth?" Leona repeated, raising an eyebrow. Remus nodded.

"It was always his Jareth. He never spoke about him without affirming that Jareth is his," he said, shaking his head.

"That's adorable," Leo said.

"Sirius has always been a very possessive, easily jealous person. I honestly feel a bit sorry for Jareth. He'll never have any freedom," Remus said, chuckling.

"I don't know... Jareth has spoken about Sirius quite a bit as well, and he once said that he loved Sirius' possessiveness of him," she replied.

"Hmm," Remus hummed, taking another sip of butterbeer. "Well, I think we should talk to them. About being more open. If they're up for it, of course."

"I agree," Leona said, nodding. She kissed Remus on the cheek and he blushed deeply. "Let's go back out." Remus nodded, agreeing, and they walked out the door.