Chapter 2

Leona's POV

Leona Blayne Evans is a thirteen year old girl with wavy, past the shoulder length, brown hair with violet highlights and purple velvet eyes. She was a little darker than the rest of her family. She was adopted at a young age, but always knew she was. It wasn't a shock to her when her adoptive parents told her.

Leona was a smart and silly girl that had a fun personality. She usually dressed in casual clothing that made her feel comfortable around people. She was very extraverted compared to the rest of her family. But she loved them all equally, even little Petunia that hated her. But she wasn't thinking of anything but going to Diagon Alley with her sister. And this is where our story really starts.

Lily and Leona Evans were anxious to see what the new year was going to bring. New friends, new things to learn, and... you know... everything else. Leona was bouncing up and down on the seat while Lily was looking out the window of the moving car. Their mother witnessing everything going on and how her children acted.

"Leona could you stop bouncing, whenever we stop you make the car bounce up and down with you!" Lily said slightly annoyed with how her adopted sister acted.

"Sorry Lils! But sitting still, isn't really one of my options right now. If I stay still for more than a second, I swear, I will explode!" Leona said as she was bouncing. They finally arrived to the entrance of Diagon Alley. Lily looked around behind her to see if the coast was clear. Leona then took out her wand and tapped the bricks in a certain formation. The wall started to separate and make a small walkway for the three women. They all walked in, and once they did the walkway closed behind them. Lily, Leona, and their mother walked into Flourish and Blotts to buy their books. Little did they know that the notorious little prankster they know as James Potter and his brother, Jareth, the sweetest boy at Hogwarts, were there as well.

"Lily! Flare!! Over here!" Both girls didn't even have to turn around to know who's voice that was. James FREAKIN Potter. They looked at each other with panicked expressions. Leona let go a heavy sigh and mouthed

"I'll distract them while you grab the rest of our supplies, deal?" Lily mouthed back a deal and stayed turned while Leona reluctantly turned to face the smug face of James Potter and the precious face of Jareth Potter.

"Jareth!... James... hi." Leona said trying to avoid James' snarky comments. Lily started shuffling away with their mother, but because of her fiery hair it was easily noticed.

"Hello Evans, It's nice to see you all again, especially you Lily!" Lily stopped in her tracks and and sighed in defeat.

"Ah the Potters! I didn't see you there!" She said sarcastically. Lily turned to her mother and asked her to get the supplies that didn't require them to be there for. So as Lily and Leona's mom took off, they started conversing with Jareth and James.

" So how was your summer so far?" Leona asked seeming annoyed, but only when she looked at James.

"Oh, it was alright, I guess, the same as always. James wouldn't let me sleep in except for one day every week!" Jareth said, slowly making his head turn to face his brother.

"Sorry mate, just habit!" James said, putting his hands up surrendering to his little brother.

"Anyway, want to come along with us to get supplies?" Jareth asked politely holding out his hand to Leona. She gladly accepted his request and James did the same except instead of Lily taking his hand she casually walked away, not wanting to deal with him. So the four thirteen year olds went to go find their books and left to the next. They kept grabbing supplies they needed from each store they went into, Lily and James bickering and Leona and Jareth giggling about their summers.

They finished their school shopping quickly and proceeded to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. James kept trying to get Lily to let him buy her some ice cream, but she declined harshly. Just to make James mad, Jareth offered to buy everyone's ice cream, and they agreed. That really had him fuming.

The four of them sat outside with their ice cream, smiling and laughing with each other. Well... Except James. He was still pouting.

"JAMES! LEONA!"

Everyone except Jareth looked towards the voice, seeing a boy with shoulder length black hair and a smirk on his face running towards them. Leona noticed that Jareth was slightly blushing, his face getting redder by the second. Then it hit her like a brick. 'Oh my Merlin... is Jareth gay?'