Chapter 44

Sirius' POV

"Oi, Remus, James, Jareth, get lost," Leona said, completely out of the blue.

"What? Why?" James asked. Jareth looked extremely hurt. Remus looked simply confused.

"I need to talk to Sirius here," Leo replied, slinging an arm around Sirius' shoulders. Sirius frowned.

"Do we have to," he whined. Leona kicked his shin, smiling brightly at the other three boys. Sirius glared down at her. "Fight me."

"Oh, I will," she said, glaring back.

"Please don't fight," Jareth mumbled. Sirius frowned more.

"Sorry, Jare, but I can't do that," Leona said. Jareth sighed and went over to Leona, dragging her away. Sirius watched as he whispered to her, looking angry and sad. After a few moments, Jareth shook his head at Leona, annoyed, and turned away from her. He glanced at Sirius before walking up the lawn and back to the Castle. James and Remus looked at Sirius and Leona before following Jareth.

When they were out of sight, Leona grabbed Sirius' arm and dragged him towards the Castle.

"Ow, hey!" Sirius yelled. Leona only glared at him and kept walking. She marched him into the castle and up many stair until he finally realized where they were going; The Astronomy Tower.

When they were finally there, Leona let go of Sirius' arm, throwing him slightly. She walked over to the side, faced away from Sirius, looking out at the stars.

"Merlin, Leona, what did I do to you?!" He yelled bitterly. She spun around to face him.

"'What did you do to me?' You hurt Jareth, my best friend, my brother, and you're going around acting like you did nothing wrong? Like you're this perfect little angel? No, Sirius. You hurt him. You didn't even apologize, did you?! Not sincerely. You need to... You need to get your act together, Sirius," she yelled. Tears started forming in her velvet purple eyes. He glared at her.

"Did you ever stop to think that I was sorry? I am! I'm so sorry and I regret everything I did to hurt him. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and how much I love him and how I've hurt him. I want to apologize, Leo, but he won't listen," he said, tears forming in his eyes as well. Leona shook her head.

"He doesn't listen because you never listen to him," she choked. Sirius was taken aback.

"I do listen, I-"

"No. You always try to cut in and tease him or make a joke to 'lighten the mood'. Well you know what, Sir? That not was Jareth needs. Jareth is not a happy person. He's anxious and depressed and stressed, and he just needs someone to listen. He wanted that person to be you," Leona said, choking back a sob. Tears were not falling down both of their cheeks. "But of course," she continued. "You went and messed it up! I'm sorry to say this, Sirius, but I think... I think it's over. I think Jareth is done. And frankly, I don't blame him!"

"No... No, I'll... I'll apologize, and... it'll be fine! It'll be fine. Oh, Merlin, I screwed up everything... I can't live... no. I love him, Leona," Sirius said, sobbing. He crumpled to the ground, burying his face in his hands. Leona pursed her lips, trying not to sob as well. "I'm so sorry..." he whispered. Leona closed her eyes tightly and then opened them, walking over to Sirius. She kneeled next to him and hugged him hesitantly.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled. Sirius hugged her and they both sobbed, clinging onto each other. It was as if they had a newfound bond... Over what? They didn't know, but here they were... hugging each other as if they'd both fall apart if one let go.

"Sirius."

Both Sirius and Leona looked up to see Jareth standing there, tears streaming down his cheeks. Sirius stood, wiping his own tears away, and walked over to Jareth.

"Jareth, I-"

"Hold on," Jareth said. "Can I talk first?" Sirius nodded.

"Sirius, I know you're sorry. And I forgive you. You're a lovely, amazing, person, but... Sirius, we need to move on," he said. Sirius choked back a sob, covering his mouth with a hand and shaking his head. He knew it was coming, but it was hard to face it.

"I love you, Sir', I really do, but... It's just time to move on. I should've known it wasn't going to work... But it doesn't matter. I'm happy with most of our time together, but... things changed. I'm sorry," Jareth finished. Sirius took a shaky breath, still crying, and nodded.

"I love you so much, Jareth. And I can't move on, but... I'm not going to hold you back from your life. I'm sorry for everything. I hope you're happy," Sirius said sincerely, smiling softly. Jareth nodded.

"I'm not. I can't be. Not now. But I will be. We both will."