Chapter 49

Remus' POV

Remus went down to the Great Hall by himself, since it was still really early in the morning, to see Leona basically sleeping at the Hufflepuff table. Remus chuckled to himself, thinking of a plan to scare Leona awake. He quietly walked over to Leona, when he got close he started tip toeing closer. Remus was about to scare her when,

"Remus, I swear to Merlin if you think again about scaring me? You will not here the end of it..." Leona threatened. A glass of pumpkin juice that Leona was drinking started bubbling slightly, and slowly bubbled more and more until it was steaming.

"Woah, what's wrong? You never snap after first nights, especially make pumpkin juice boil," Remus sat down next to her, cautiously. While eyeing the glass in front of him as it started to stop boiling.

"Just, ugh, this isn't the way I should've spent my first night back. Ya know? And I actually have no idea what is happening with that," Leona looked at him with the side of her face still resting on the table.

"No, I really don't know about the first night fiasco. But, seeing the way you are right now, I could get the idea of it, yeah,"

"Can I just sleep until it's time to go to class?" Leona begged.

"I don't know, Leo. Knowing you, you won't want to get back up and I'll have to carry you to every class you have... even if I'm not in it with you," Remus chuckled. Leona let out a frustrated sigh.

"Why do you have to be right all the time?"

"Ha ha ha, you know that you're the one that's right most of the time, right?"

So time passed and the rest of the school was in the Great Hall. Except for one particular person. Leona was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Remus, James, Sirius, Peter, and Lily when breakfast finally started. Remus noticed Leona looking back to the Hufflepuff table with a confused look on her face.

"What's wrong now?" He asked politely.

"I don't see Jareth. Where do you think he is? He is almost never late to breakfast, especially on first days," Leona answered, concerned for her best friend.

"I bet he's sleeping somewhere or just getting ready. I'm sure it's nothing to worry abou-" Remus got cut off by a familiar giggling coming from the doors of the Great Hall. All of Remus' and Leona's friends looked over towards the giggling. Seeing Jareth and Carter with pink cheeks and smiles that stretched from ear to ear. Leona looked to Sirius with a sad expression and mouthed 'I'm so sorry'. Sirius just shook his head and went back to his plate. Leona sighed and stood up, making her way back to the Hufflepuff table to sit with Jareth. She looked around, trying to find Jareth.

Leona froze in her tracks when she saw Jareth heading over to the Slytherin table with Carter. Jareth was still blushing like mad. Leona turned sharply back to her friends. Everyone looked confused and didn't bother to ask because of the distressed look on her face.

"I don't think Jareth is going to be at the Hufflepuff table along with any of us any time soon," She said as she looked back to the Slytherin table. Everyone had a similar, but different look on their faces. James was shocked and betrayed, Lily was shocked and sad, Peter was concerned and afraid, Remus was surprised and concerned, Leona was sad and disappointed, and Sirius was, no doubt, angry, disappointed, and upset. Jareth looked up, and saw all of them looking at him in these ways and all he did was look back to Carter and smile.