Chapter 28

Jareth's POV

Sirius led Jareth into the castle and up to the Astronomy Tower.

"I should've known," Jareth said, chuckling.

"Shove off, Potter. You have no idea what I have in store," Sirius said, winking. Jareth blushed and followed him into the Tower.

He gasped as he looked around.

Sirius had set up a romantic little picnic for the two of them.

"I know, I know, I'm amazing," Sirius said, smirking. Jareth ran over to the blanket and searched for food. "Wow, no need to thank me."

Jareth stood and ran over to Sirius, attacking him in a hug.

"You're so sweet," he squealed, letting go of Sirius and bouncing up and down. "Aww, this is so romantic!" He kissed Sirius fiercely. "Thank you!"

"Anything for you, love," Sirius replied, smiling softly. Jareth plopped down on the blacket and Sirius sat across from him. "Listen, I'm sorry for being so distant and everything. But, uh, I want you to know..."

Sirius moved next to Jareth, taking his hand and stared into his golden eyes.

"I love you. I love you so damn much, Jareth, and Merlin, it's so hard not to just dip you and snog the hell out of you in the Great Hall," Sirius sighed. "But it's alright, because it's worth it to be with you. It's all worth it. I would do anything for you, you know? Jareth, I love you so much."

Jareth stared at Sirius.

"I'm sorry it's so sudden and soon, but I just can't hide it anymore, Jare. I understand if you don't feel the same, and it's okay. But I wanted you to know, and-"

Jareth smashed his lips to Sirius', pulling him as close as possible. They broke away after an impossibly long kiss, breathing heavily.

"I love you too," Jareth breathed. Sirius smiled and brought Jareth in for another kiss. "Sirius, wait. I want to be out. I want to be able to hold you hand in public and not care. And maybe I will care, but you know what? It's worth it. Like you said. You're worth it, Sirius."

"Merlin, I love you," Sirius said, smashing his lips to Jareth's once again. Jareth kissed him back passionately, elated that Sirius was his, and that the world would know. And he was okay with that.

"So, how do you want to do this?" Jareth asked.

"Do what, darling?" Sirius asked breathlessly, moving in to kiss Jareth again.

"This," Jareth said, kissing Sirius again quickly. "I mean, whatever this is."

"What do you want it to be," Sirius asked flirtatiously. Jareth blushed.

"Well, I don't know, but I-I..." Sirius kissed Jareth again, silencing him.

"You think too much," Sirius said, attacking Jareth's lips once again. They snogged for awhile before Jareth pulled away.

"Sirius..."

"Hmm?"

"Was that door there before?" Sirius turned away from Jareth, seeing a large door on the wall.

"Bloody hell..." Sirius stood and walked over to the door, reaching out to turn the door knob.

"Sirius, wait!"

"What?"

"It could be dangerous! Besides, I-I-" Jareth stopped himself, blushing. Sirius smirked.

"You...? Come on, Jare, lighten up! Come on, a little danger can be good for you, mate," he said, placing his hand on the doorknob.

"But Sirius, I don't think we should-"

Sirius stepped towards Jareth and placed a kiss onto his lips quickly.

"Come on. Let's have a little fun, for once," he said.

"You know, if you think about it, that sounds pretty-"

"Shut up, you bloody git, and let's go," Sirius cut him off, taking Jareth's hand and opening the door before he could protest.

"What the-"