Chapter 36

Leona's POV

It was an hour later and Jareth still hadn't shown up in the compartment. James, Peter, Leona, Remus, and a very bitter Sirius were all in the compartment. Leona and Remus were chatting quietly about their summers, while Peter, James, and Sirius fooled around and ate snacks.

"How was your summer, Remus?" Sirius asked. Remus shrugged.

"So, so. Nothing exciting. I did read about twenty books, though," he replied. "That was nice." Sirius groaned.

"Merlin, Lupin, you need to learn to live a little," Sirius said, rolling his eyes.

"And how do you suggest I do that?" Remus humored him.

"Snog a girl, sneak out at night, get a tattoo, I don't bloody know, just do something," Sirius said. Remus smiled.

"Alright." He turned to Leona and kissed her suddenly. Leona giggled and kissed him again. They were soon full on snogging and Sirius and James were yelling at them to get a room. Remus moved away from Leona and looked at them. "You said to live a little, and snog a girl. I'm just taking your advice, Sir'."

"Well, I didn't mean now," he said with a huff. James and Peter laughed.

"Sorry, Sirius, you should be more clear next time," Remus said with a smile. Leona rolled her eyes and laughed.

The compartment door opened and Jareth walked in silently and quickly, closing it behind him and then sitting next to Leona in one swift movement. Everyone stared at him. He stared back for a moment, then shrugged and turned to the window, closing his eyes and leaning against it. Everyone glanced at each other, then they all stared at Sirius, who looked sick. He stood suddenly.

"I'm going to go... find the trolley witch," he said, and walked out the door. Remus and Leona looked at each other, but decided to ignore it for now.

{Time skip}

Remus leaned toward Leona and whispered in her ear. "I'm worried about Sirius."

Leona frowned. "I'm worried about Jareth," she said. Remus nodded.

"Why don't we go see what's up? You talk to Jareth, first, then we'll find Sirius," he suggested. Leona nodded and turned to her best friend.

"Jareth," she whispered, shaking him awake.

"Hmm?"

"Can I talk to you in the hall for a minute?"

Jareth sighed and nodded, then stood and followed Leona out the door.

"So, Jare, what happened between you and Sirius?" She asked. He shrugged.

"Like I said, we got into a fight," he replied. She frowned.

"No, I mean what was it about?"

Jareth sighed. "Sirius was... poking fun at me, and... I just... snapped. I yelled and just freaked out for some reason, and... I asked him to stop poking fun about certain things, but... He didn't, and I was pissed."

"Oh. Well, I'm sure you could work things out, Jare-"

"What if I don't want to?"

Leona's eyes widened. "Jareth, you're being irrational."

"I love him. I love him so much, but-"

"See?! You love him! That's not something you can just forget and move on," she whisper-yelled. Jareth sighed.

"He just keeps hurting me, and I don't know if I can take this anymore, Leo," he said, looking her in the eye.

"Jareth, you're not saying-"

"I don't know, Leo, I don't know. I think he and I just... need a bit of a break. It's not just him, I'm... I don't know," Jareth's eyes filled with tears. Leona sighed and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, Jareth," she said. She then looked him in the eyes. "You need to talk to him."

"No, no, no, I can't do that, Leo-"

"Yes, you can. And you will. Okay?"

"Okay." They both went back into the compartment. Jareth sat down and leaned against the window again, still crying. James looked at Leona and raised an eyebrow. She shrugged and looked to Remus, motioning for them to leave. Remus stood and left the compartment with Leona.

"Sirius is an arse," she said bitterly. Remus chuckled.

"I know, but I still love him," he said.

"Yeah, well, I don't," she said. "He hurt Jareth. Badly. And I want to give him a piece of my mind."

"Hey, Leo, relax, okay?"

"No."

They started to walk down the hall, and saw a person come out of a compartment a few cars down. The person was walking towards them, and as they got closer, they realized it was Sirius. Sirius, Remus, and Leona all freezed in their spots. Leona narrowed her eyes, glaring at Sirius. Sirius' eyes widened. Leona did a motion that showed she has her eyes on him. Fear filled Sirius' eyes, and Leona turned to Remus and smiled.

"Let's go back to the compartment, yeah?"

"Okay..."