Chapter 22

Leona's POV

Leona slowly made her way to the kitchen, tired from the notetaking. She got up to the portrait and tickled the pear, the door slowly opened. Some house elves turned and smiled at her as she walked in, the other just continued working.

"Twinky?" Leona asked loudly. Suddenly the little house elf popped right up in front of her without warning. Leona jumped in surprise.

"AH! Oh, Twinky, you need to stop doing that, it scares me every time!" Leona said to the small house elf standing in front of her.

"Oops! Sorry, Miss, is there anything I can get you?" She asked politely.

"Can I just have an apple, have to get some energy, you know? Leona giggled, Twinky saluted playfully and ran off to grab what she asked for. She looked around the kitchen, stone walls, great hall tables, and lots and lots of food. All the house elves were happy to be there, instead of a dreadful life in a nasty acting pure-blood's home.

Twinky came back quickly and presented the apple to Leona, she thankfully nodded. And made her way out of the kitchen, right as she opened the door she bumped into a very familiar face. He was known as Peter Pettigrew.

"Oh! Hey, Peter, sorry about that." Leona apologised. Peter only said a quick "it's okay", and stepped into the kitchen. As Leona started walking away, Peter stuck his head out of the kitchen door.

"By the way, Leona! Remus is looking for you." Peter then put his head back into the kitchen and Leona walked off to the room of requirements. Remus and Leona came up with this plan that if one of them are looking for the other and get word from a friend, then they would meet in the room of requirements.

"Remus?" Leona searched the calming room for him. Remus was sitting on the couch in front of the roaring fireplace, reading one of Leona's favorite books.

"Reading Momo, I see." Remus turned and smiled. He rose from his seat and put down the book. They both walked toward each other.

"I wanted to ask you a very important, question, m'lady," Remus said sweetly.

"And what is that, my kind sir?" Leona said, playing along with his little act.

"Would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me, on Valentines day?" Remus asked while intertwining his hand with hers.

"Well, I'll have to think abo- YES, what else do you think I'd say?" Leona bursted with joy (and sarcasm). Remus smiled brightly and kissed her temple.

"I love you," he said. Leona froze in shock. She stared up at Remus, eyes wide. His smile faltered slightly. "You don't have to say it back, Leo, it's okay, I'm not-"

Leona cut him off with a passionate kiss. "Shut up, Remus. I love you, too, furball." Remus smiled and hugged her.

"I'm sorry that I'm not what you deserve. You deserve someone who can give you so much more and who doesn't... who isn't... like... me..." Remus said quietly, looking down.

"Remus, you deserve the world. You're enough. You'll always be enough. Okay?" Leona said, grabbing his hand and squeezing it tight. 

"Okay."