Chapter 6

Jareth's POV

Sirius' whole body tensed.

"Shit."

"Sirius, who was that?" Jareth whispered voice trembling with uncertainty.

"Stay here don't move until I say, promise?" Sirius looked straight into Jareth's puffy, bloodshot eyes for a few moments, then turned toward the voice. There stood to face the mysterious woman by the name of Bellatrix Black.

"Sirius, did I just see you snogging another boy?" Bellatrix asked, although she already knew the answer. Sirius looked back to Jareth, he smirked nervously.

"Yes, got a problem with that Belly?" He taunted. Bellatrix puffed out her chest to look more threatening.

"You wait until your mother and father hear of this, blood-traitor," she spat. Bellatrix took out her wand and pointed it toward Sirius. You could tell she was going to cast a curse at any second. But she abruptly turned and faced Jareth.

"CRUCIO!" It was so sudden and came out of nowhere... and if you think it was the spell that we're indicating, you're wrong. Leona came out of nowhere and took the shot, saving Jareth. She tried to hold in her screams but she couldn't. She started crying because of how hard she was gritting her teeth. Sirius knew not to use magic out of school, but to protect his friends, he didn't care.

"STUPEFY!" Sirius yelled over the groaning coming from Leona. Jareth crawled from his hiding spot over to the crying girl, trying to calm her down. Once Bellatrix was down Sirius grabbed hold of the now limp body of Leona, and ran carrying her bridal style with Jareth beside him. Who would have thought only a few minutes ago they were chasing each other around for fun.

"We have to get her out, back to James and Lily!" Jareth tried to say while running out of the Alley.

"We can't let them know! Lily will die. We need to handle this on our own," Sirius yelled back, running opposite to where they knew Lily and James were.

They found a new break in the bricks in Diagon Alley and settled there. Sirius lay Leona on the on the ground, gently resting her head in Jareth's lap.

"Sirius... Sirius, what do we do," Jareth asked, panicked.

"Calm down, we'll figure something out," Sirius replied. Sirius thought for a bit.

"I think she's just going to have to wait it out. She shouldn't be in anymore pain... Not bad pain, at least. Just a little shaken up. We should try to wake her up... Just to be safe."

"O-Okay..." Jareth shook Leona gently, trying to wake her up. "Leo, Leo, wake up... Leona..."

Leona's eyes fluttered open. Jareth smiled.

"Hey. How are you doing?"

Leona tried to sit up, but fell back, groaning.

"I feel like shit," she replied.

"I figured. Do you need anything?" Jareth asked, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"Water would be nice..." She mumbled, closing her eyes.

"I'll get it," Sirius said, standing.

"Thank you," Jareth said, smiling sadly. Sirius nodded and ran off.

"Sooooooo... How was that kiss with Sirius?" Leona asked, wiggling her eyebrows at her best friend.

"LEONA, WHAT THE HELL?! HOW DID YOU-" Jareth yelled, blushing deeply.

"Oh, please, I saw you two snogging. Come ooooon, it looked like you enjoyed it," she said, smirking.

"I-I don't know what you're even talking about-"

"Don't you dare play dumb with me, mister. Now, tell me about that kiss!"

Jareth groaned and rubbed his temple.

"I don't know, Leo, I'm kind of focused on you right now, and-"

"Jareth. Honey. I'm your best friend. I know you want to talk about it," Leona said, smiling up at him. He sighed, laughing a little.

"Okay, yeah, you got me... But first, are you okay?"

"Pffttt, yeah, I'm fine," she said, trying to sit up for emphasis. She winced and yelped loudly, collapsing back into Jareth's lap.

"Mmhmm... yeah, okay," Jareth said, chuckling.

"Ugh, shut up. I don't want to think about it right now. I need a distraction, and we both know that it's something you want to freak out about."

"Fine. Fine, okay. Well, uh. I don't know," Jareth said. Leona narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, well, let me ask a question then. Did you kiss him? Or did he kiss you..?"

"I thought you said you saw the whole thing," Jareth pointed out.

"No, I said I saw you snogging. I didn't see how it went down beforehand."

"Oh. Okay. Well, uh. He... He kissed me," Jareth answered. Leona squealed.

"Merlin, that's adorable!! Hold on... Was it a sweet kiss... or a passionate, lustful kiss?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows again. Jareth blushed.

"Leona, oh my Merlin!"

"Hey, I'm just asking," she said, laughing.

"W-well... I don't know, it was more of a-a peck, I guess. It was sweet. It w-wasn't a long kiss, really just a peck, but... I don't know," he said, blushing deeper with every word.

"Merlin, you're so cute and innocent. What were you thinking? While he was kissing you, what was your thought process?"

Jareth blushed darker than Lily's hair. "W-well... I was really just thinking 'Damn. I could die here and be okay with it. I think I fancy this boy.' Oh SHIT I can't believe I just said that! Bloody hell..."

"You do fancy him?!" Leona asked, wide eyed. Jareth blushed even more.

"I-I don't know... I think I might... But we're so young and I only just realized my feelings for him and Merlin, it's so soon, but he's so beautiful and sweet and amazing and, oh shit, I think I do fancy him," Jareth rambled, burying his face in his hands when he finished.

"Oh, hun, it's okay. It's not a matter of age or timing, the point is that you fancySirius Black, Merlin's beard, that's adorable," Leona said, sitting up slowly. She hugged Jareth tightly. "And the best part is... I think he fancies you, too."

"I second that," someone said. Jareth's head shot up as he looked toward the voice.

Sirius smiled at him and winked.