Chapter 26

Our first anniversary was here as I sat on the bed, taking my earrings out. I stood and straightened out my dress. It fell to my feet as the dark purple shimmered in the light. I tucked a loose strand of hair back behind my ear.

Derrick and I went out for dinner, just the two of us. We were having a good time and laughing. I planned the evening and I had a surprise for Derrick, which I planned on giving him at home.

As we were leaving we ran in to Jonathan Grant and Danielle. After several minutes of chatting, watching Danielle undress my husband with her eyes, and Jonathan was constantly eyeing me off, I felt highly uncomfortable.

The next thing I know they had followed us back to our place. Derrick and I had a small bicker in the car. But what was done is done.

Derrick had a business proposal with Jonathan's boss. The bloke gave me the creeps and I quickly excused myself, leaving Jonathan and Danielle in the office with Derrick, coming to the bed room.

I took my dress off and placed on some cotton pants and shorts, I brushed my hair and placed it in a pony tail.

I wiped the make up off my face and looked in the mirror.

That's when I saw him. His reflection in the mirror. I turned to face Jonathan. The hair on the back of my neck stood up.

"Mr Grant. The bathroom is back down that way." I said coldly as I walked to my door.

"You looked beautiful tonight, Terra."

"Thank you. Please excuse me." I gritted through my teeth as I tried to close my door. But Jonathan wouldn't let me.

"Come on, Terra. I know you want to. I saw the way you kept looking at me. Danielle will keep Derrick busy with work. It will be our secret."

I grimaced as I saw his smirk. "You need to leave."

"We can meet up if you want. Or we can just do it here. Derrick will never know. I won't tell him."

I took a step back and Jonathan took a step forward. "You will enjoy yourself, I promise. Danielle doesn't complain. I'll make you scream my name out."

Jonathan's hands went to my waist and pulled me closer, planting his lips on mine. His hands grabbed mine to prevent me from pushing him. I grunted as I tried stepping back, trying to push him off me.

I broke away finally as I kneed him in the groin. He went down like a sack of potatoes. "You bitch!" I heard him mumble in his pain.

"Don't touch me!" I spat at him as I ran my back in the hallway wall and ran to the office. "Derrick!" I cried as I opened the door and froze.

Danielle was nearly naked and was sitting on Derrick's lap kissing him.

It was in that second my heart broke, tears sprung straight to my eyes. I had lost all my breath. "You bastard." I whispered.

Derrick pushed Danielle off him, as she landed on the floor. I saw the smirk on her face, she was taunting me.

"No! Terra!" Derrick got up and was heading for me. "Wait."

I turned on my heel and slammed the door. I picked up my bag and got my keys out. I went straight for the front door. "Gemma!" I called.

My dog followed me out the door and when I opened my car door, she jumped in. I started it up and sped off. I felt the tears falling but I wiped them away.

I drove to my house, the one Ellie was living in. I stopped out the front and looked at the place.

No, I couldn't. I drove off and went straight for the highway. I drove, not thinking, otherwise I would start crying again.