Chapter 24

The next couple months flew past. I had continued working and after a couple weeks, tension died down at work, especially after Amelia published that article. It completely squashed the offending one in sales.

Derrick and I agreed on a set date for our wedding and even the honeymoon. We were going to hold the function at a hotel since the restaurant doesn't have the proper liquor licence.

I had my dress fitting with Kayla and Ellie. I found the perfect one but I needed to lose weight. Only a kilo or two, so I started jogging every morning and evening that I wasn't working. Plus cutting back on the rich foods. I eliminated all alcoholic drinks and anything else containing sugar.

We decided not to do a large wedding, but just our closest friends and family.

I had met Derrick's grandparents on his father's side at dinner the night before, and now I'm standing in front of a mirror in a wedding gown.

It was simple and white, the straps went up my shoulders and under my armpits. It held my breasts perfectly and dipped low at the back. The dress stopped right in front of my feet but the train was a metre long at least.

My make up was immaculate. The make up artist did a wonderful job. I have never seen myself look like this before. I didn't recognise myself for a minute.

I decided on my hair to stay down with large loose curls and my veil was pinned right at the top back part of my head.

I slipped on my ivory white heels and looked at the chair I sat in earlier for my make up.

Draped over it was a very sheer and lacy over coat that was long sleeved, and the length of my dress. It only held eight buttons on the chest area and sits on the edge of my shoulders.

I shrugged it on and slowly did up a button at a time.

Dad walked in then. "Oh my darling. You look beautiful."

"Thank you dad." I smiled at him through the mirror. "Is it time?"

Dad nodded. I was so nervous. I took dads arm as we left my dressing room. In the foyer I saw Ellie with mum and Kayla.

"Oh my goodness. Look at you!" Mum cried.

"Don't cry! You'll make me cry. Then my make up will run." I fanned my face.

Mum hugged me and held me at arms length. Her baby pink two piece suite and skirt wasn't her style, but Yvonne and I took her shopping the other day and they decided to go matching, as a joke, pink for mum and blue for Yvonne.

I looked at Kayla, she wore a light pink dress that flowed out in layers of mesh. She had an open back dress that had a large heart on it. Her white sash complimented the dress as Ellie fixed up her head band full of flowers.

Ellie came forward and hugged me. "I'm so happy for you!" She sobbed, trying not to cry.

Ellie was my bridesmaid and maid of honour. We had both decided one each. Ellie was mine and Kyle was Derrick's.

Her baby pink dress looked stunning. It wrapped around her body perfectly, and on to one shoulder with a large flower. The dress just drops from her hips down.

Mum quickly went to her seat up the front and signalled the musician to start.

The harmony of music filled the church. Kayla went first, throwing rose petals out of her basket. I had made sure that there were a thousand white petals and only a hundred each of pink, violet and red.

Once Kayla made it to the second row at the front, Ellie walked out. She held her little bouquet of white and pink roses.

After she made it to the alter, the music changed tempo to a slower tune and that was mine and dads queue.