Chapter 19

I answered before I could think.

"Yes." I grinned as Derrick kissed me.

"You have made me so happy!"

I laughed at him as he drowned me in kisses. We spent most of the day in bed on Christmas.

I let Gemma come up and Derrick lifted her on to the bed.

We spoke about the restaurant, Derrick finished up on the TV show in England. When we should move in together. The wedding.

"Does anyone else know you are back?" I asked dreamily while resting my head on Derrick's chest.

"No."

I sighed in content. I was in heaven.

"Do you want to wait a while before we announce the engagement publicly?"

"Please."

I felt Derrick's hand rubbing my back.

Today became my favourite day. Derrick came home. I admitted that I love him. He proposed to me. He spoils me. I thought to myself.

We stayed in bed all day until the nagging hunger pains started. I pulled on a shirt and Derrick pulled up some pants as we made our way to the kitchen. I whipped up some lamb and tzatziki wraps as we stood in the kitchen eating. I laughed at his jokes and he smiled so much every time I did.

I feed Gemma some left over lamb and patted her on the head.

"Give me a few weeks to move in." I said suddenly out of the blue.

"Sure." Derrick agreed as he finished the last of his wrap.

"I'll tell Ellie when she gets back. She can stay here." I sighed as I looked at my beloved kitchen. "She needs to get out on her own."

Then I started rambling. "What about work? Oh and Kayla? What will I say to my parents? We need to set something up."

Derrick wrapped an arm around me. "It's okay. How about we keep this to ourselves for a few days first. In a couple weeks, we will do a large dinner with your family and mine and go from there?"

I nodded. "Yeah. That sounds more reasonable." I agreed. After I cleaned up, Derrick and I headed back to bed and watched a couple movies.

I fell asleep in his arms and just on the cusp of sleep, I heard him mutter in to my hair as he kissed me, "I love you Terra."

****

It was late in the evening and I was due back at work the next morning. The thought of returning had anxiety was bubbling up from my stomach and I was trying not to hyperventilate.

"Hey." Derrick rubbed my back. "We can walk in together." I shot him a look. "Or not."

I was having bad thoughts, jumping to conclusions. That's what anxiety does.

"What if we are rushing in to this?" I asked.

"Technically we have been dating for 7 months as of next Thursday."

That offered some comfort, not a lot but some. "But take out the six months!"

Derrick kissed the top of my head. "You're stressing for no reason." I took a few large gulps of air.

"But what will everyone think when we announce it? We announce our engagement in two weeks. Everyone will think I'm a gold digger!"

"Don't worry what everyone will think!"

"I can't help it. It's my anxiety." I blinked several times as I stood up from the bar stool. Gemma followed me as I walked to my bed room. Derrick was behind Gemma.