Chapter 6

"Are you crazy?" Was the first words that came out. "You're my boss!"

Don't get me wrong, it's been a while since I've been out with anyone.

Derrick frowned, then sighed.

"Ever since I first saw you, you've entranced me. You can't say you felt nothing from this morning."

I bit on my lip. I did. I felt alive, safe, wanted like nothing before. I felt sparks of electricity.

But he is my boss.

"Terra."

I looked at Derrick. His eyes were so blue. Like the sky on a cloudless summer day. His half smile made him look so much more irresistible.

"You're my boss." I repeated.

"And...?"

"We can't."

"Trust me. Work will be strictly professional."

"That's not what I'm concerned about." I knelt down and picked up the shattered glass fragments.

I placed all the tiny pieces inside a big piece and placed them on the chaise. Derrick knelt down and took my hands.

There it was again. That spark. I looked in to Derrick's eyes, trying to find any clue if he felt it too.

"What are concerned about?" He asked softly.

Ellie came out then. "Is everything okay? I heard glass break." I pulled my hands out of Derrick's hastily.

"Yeah." I nodded, feeling for more glass. "I dropped my glass."

Ellie eyed us of suspiciously before she turned on her heels and left.

"Well?"

I turned to his voice. "Uh...." Well Terra? I thought to my self. What if if doesn't work? Then what? "I've worked so hard, I'm not throwing my career and my dream job away to sleep with my boss. "

Derrick flinched. I winced at it. "Sorry, that sounded harsh." I sighed as sat on my bottom. "But what if doesn't work out?"

Derrick sat next to me on the patio floor. "Then we part ways. Try to be friends. And if you want to change jobs, I will give you a high recommendation."

"But what-"

Derrick placed a finger on my lips. "Stop thinking of all the negatives."

I closed my mouth. Why was I thinking of all the things that won't work?

I sat back and leaned against the chaise.

"Dinner?"

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye.

"When?"

Derrick grinned. "Tomorrow?"

I chuckled. "Fine."

"Great. I'll pick you at 3." Derrick helped me up.

I pursed my lips. "I thought you said dinner?"

"Oh. There is dinner involved. Nothing fancy."

Derrick let go off my hand as I stood up. I smiled at him. He walked to the door. "I'll let myself out. I'll see you tomorrow."

I stared at where he stood. How in the world did he do that? I know he is handsome and charming, but I was sitting on a firm no. He is my boss!

I shook my head as I picked up what remained of my wine glass and collected Derrick's.