Chapter 18

He's here! I yelled in my head as I kept kissing Derrick.

"You're really here." I laughed.

"Yes." Came the husky answer.

"You broke in to my house!" Came another laugh.

Derrick joined in. "Yes."

"You decorated my lounge room!"

"I did."

But he was here. I held on to him tightly.

"Now I have my Christmas present." I heard Derrick mutter in to my hair. I felt the blush come up. I remembered about the one I got.

I pulled away and dragged him to the tree. "Thank you." I whispered. Derrick looked down at me.

"Anything for you." Derrick pecked my lips then picked up a present. "Here, open it."

I hesitantly took the small present and undid the bow. The bubble of anxiety came up. What if it was like that dress? I took the lid off the box. It was a frame. A beautiful etched frame.

In the frame was a picture of me and Derrick. When he last flew in for my birthday. We were dancing. My arm wrapped up Derrick's back and my hand resting on his shoulder. We were looking at each other, our foreheads barely touching each other. Derrick's arm was wrapped around my waist, our bodies against each other. A smile was on my face, Derrick's was soft and loving.

I looked at Derrick. "I love it." I whispered. I kissed Derrick and placed the frame on the TV unit. "It's perfect."

"Good. Now I don't mean to get your hopes up, but don't open any with green ribbons. They are empty. I just wanted it to look special."

I laughed. "Really?" I teased. "I don't care. You are here!"

Derrick sat down on the rug and I sat next to him. He handed me another present. It was another small box.

I pulled off the ribbon and slowly opened the box. I though jewelry for some reason, but I was amazed it was tickets.

Curious, I pulled the tickets out and read them. Oh. My. Goodness!

"Comicon!" I stuttered.

Derrick nodded. "I pulled some strings and I got us a hotel down at the city and full access. Here." Derrick picked up the printed paper with a list of names. "These are the guests."

I read the list. I was speechless. It had alot of my favourite actors from some of my favourite TV shows and Movies.

"Oh my God!" I was speechless. "How did you get these? These tickets don't go on sale for another 6 months!"

Derrick smirked. "I have a few contacts."

"I..." I stopped myself. I nearly said it. "Thank you!" I grinned. I handed Derrick my present before he could give me another.

With raised eyebrows he looked at me. "I feel silly. Because it's well, actually for me, but you benefit from it too." I felt my cheeks warm up.

Derrick grinned as he ripped the paper.

"Yeah I don't do the fancy boxes." I remarked.

Derrick arched an eyebrow as he looked at the lace and mesh.

I kissed him as I got up. "Just trust me. Would you like some coffee?"

"Please."

After I disappeared for a couple minutes, I returned with two coffees.

I sat back down and opened another present. Before I took it out I looked up at Derrick, guilt eating at me.

"I didn't get you anything else."