Chapter 16

I can't believe it. Derrick is actually here. Right there, standing like a God in his suit. His hair a mess but still made him so handsome.

"Derrick." I breathed. I couldn't form any other words. In one large stride he had me in his arms, his lips on mine.

"God I missed you." He groaned in to my mouth. I held him tightly, my fingers dug into his back, afraid he will disappear.

"Derrick?" I felt the tears pool up, but I had to laugh. That or I would start bawling. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't miss my girls birthday." How I missed that cheeky smile.

"But the TV show?"

Derrick waved his hand. "Nonsense. Come, sit." He pulled out a chair for me.

"But my family?"

"They know. I treated them out to dinner else where. I want you all to myself. I've been dying to see you all day."

Then it all clicked together like a jigsaw puzzle.

My lips molded onto Derrick's before I stepped out of his hands. "This is overwhelming!" I stuttered.

"Surprise." Came the small breath of a word. I looked at Derrick.

"I love it."

Derrick offered me a seat before he sat.

"How long have you been back?" I queried as plates of food came out.

I saw the slight guilt on his face. "In my defence it was really hard not to tell you or come and see you."

My face fell. "So a couple days then?"

"No. Actually, very early yesterday morning." Derrick took a breadstick. "I sat outside your apartment for an hour when I got back. I wanted to wake you but it was about 4am."

"You could have." I giggled.

"But then I wouldn't have surprised you." I Derrick grinned. I took my wine as we ate.

"How long are you in town for?" I asked casually. Don't look disappointed, I told myself.

"You won't like it."

I shrugged. "Any time is better then none."

"Late tomorrow night."

I smiled warmly at him. "That's okay." I pushed the plate away from myself. "I can work with that." I grinned as I took more wine.

"I only have a couple more months then I'm finished."

"No next season?" I teased.

But Derrick was serious. "No. The travelling is shit."

I laughed.

Derrick finished his dinner and offered for me to stand. I heard the music started playing as he placed a hand on my waist and pulled me closer. We danced for several minutes in silence, just staring in to each other's eyes.

Derrick went to speak but I leaned forward and kissed him softly. "This is perfect." I whispered.

Derrick smiled on my lips. "I'm glad you like it."

I turned my head and felt the kisses slip down my neck. "Let's go." I murmured into his neck.

"Thank God!" Derrick growled as he grabbed one of my hands with his and pulled me to the door.

I quickly snatched my purse and ran laughing with Derrick. We took his car and Derrick drove to his place.

As soon as we were out of the car, we had our hands all over each other again, our lips locked and lots of hand rubbing as we clumsily fumbled our way to his front door.

After the sudden slam of the door, Derrick told me to go ahead.

"I don't know where I'm going." I laughed as he pinched me.

"Oh yes." He growled then picked me up and placed me over his shoulder.

I squealed and squirmed as he carried me up the stairs.

After turning a corner and kicking open a door, I was bounced on the bed. I laughed at his games as he loosened his tie.

I hastily lowered my dress and let it fall to the ground and stepped out of it. I was bare except the shoes and underwear.

Derrick threw off his shirt and pants at the same time and then I moved towards him. I only had just under 24 hours with him and I wanted him badly.

I had the whole weekend off and the second I saw him, I planned on not leaving his side till it was time for him to go again.

*****

I fluttered my eyes open. A small groan escaped my lips before I felt feather light kisses. A smile played on my lips.

"Good morning." I mumbled on Derrick's lips.

"Hey. Are you planning on getting up this morning?"

I shook my head and placed my hands on Derrick's and pulled him closer. Derrick collected me in his arms and held me.

"I wish you didn't have to go back." I whined. Derrick groaned.

"Me too. I promise, I'm nearly done."

"I know," came my sigh. "I've been watching whatever episodes I can." I watched Derrick's eyes widen.

"On Australian TV?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Of course we get to view it when there is an Aussie in it." I pecked Derrick's lips. "You look so hot on TV." I smirked.

We spent most of the morning in bed talking before we finally migrated to the lounge room. We didn't bother cooking and ordered cheap and nasty pizza. We sort of watched movies between make out sessions.

We had created a makeshift bed on the floor in front of the TV with pillows and blankets and sheets. We waddled down hours ago only draped in bed sheets and mucked about as we spread out the blankets.

But as the time came closer to Derrick having to leave, we both knew what was next. I stood outside my house, wearing a large shirt of Derrick's, his hands holding me on my waist, I felt the tears trying to break free.

I said my farewells to Derrick and watched him leave, leaving for England again.

I finally went to my door when I could no longer see his car. I quickly rushed to my room and had a shower. I let the water wash over my sore and tired body.

I slipped on some pajamas and went to the kitchen.

Kayla saw me first. That's when all the questions started. "Where were you? You missed your birthday. Did you come home?"

Then Ellie started. "Yes Terra. Where were you?" She smiled playfully with her daughter.

"Ellie, it was amazing!" I gushed as I took a glass of water. "The dinner was so romantic. And we stayed in all day doing nothing." I smiled as if I was lost in a trance. "It was perfect," then my face dropped. "Then he had to leave."

"I know it can be tough. But it's only for a couple more months, I'm sure you can do it. He'll be back before you know it."

A secluded get away from the world between two lovers for a weekend.

Enjoy, everyone

Vote and comment

Follow me and share

Thanking you

xxx