Chapter 25

The honeymoon was perfection. We had spent two weeks in Rome and I enjoyed every second of it. After the scare of the car crash, we didn't get home till two and after the struggle to get out off our clothes, we collapsed on the bed and slept. The plane trip was long and we slept through that too.

Now we had returned home. We spent the last phase of our honeymoon at home, accepting visitors and Ellie brought Gemma home.

I sat on the floor with my big girl and hugged her as Ellie went through the photos of our honeymoon.

"I'm surprised you have these printed already!" Ellie said as she drank her coffee.

"Yeah I stayed up late last night printing them off on Derrick's computer."

"It looks so magical!"

I sighed. "It was. We went to Naples and visited Pompeii. Then the next day we went shopping in Milan, then had dinner in Venice! Then we went to France for a couple days in Nice, then to Monaco. Then we went to Austria and Derrick remembered how much I like history. So we went sight seeing at some castles. Oh Ellie it was amazing! "

"Where is this one taken? "

"That's in Monaco." I looked at the photos with Ellie when I remembered something. I quickly ran to the office and came back with a large folder.

"What's that?" Ellie asked all intrigued.

"The wedding photos!" I squealed. "And I have copies! So you can take some if you want. There is a photo of you and Kayla that I just love and there is also another with you guys and Callum."

Ellie laughed. "Slow down."

I was so excited. I walked to the kitchen with the empty coffee cups. "There are some really good photos in here!" I heard Ellie.

"I know. I have already picked out my favourite with me and Derrick."

"So when are you going back to work?" Ellie asked as I came back to the lounge room.

"Tomorrow." I sat the album on the coffee table. "I'm so nervous."

"Don't be. Technically you now own half of it."

"I know."

"Did you sign a prenup?"

I shook my head. "I offered to, but Derrick wouldn't hear of it."

After another hour of chatting, Ellie had to go get Kayla. I cleaned up a bit and heard the front door again. Gemma sniffed the air and went running to the door.

"Well hello girl." I heard Derrick as he patted Gemma on the head. "You've gotten big!" Then he looked up at me. "How is my wife?"

I smiled and kissed him. "I'm good. How was your day?"

"Better now that you're in my arms." Derrick kissed me again.

"Hey, I've got tomorrow off..."

"I'm working tomorrow."

Derrick frowned. "OK. I was just going to say did you want to do lunch?"

I smiled at him.

"It's okay, I'll do that cooking class for...."
Derrick went blank. "Yeah that. Get that over and done with."

My face fell. "OK." We went to bed after dinner, snuggling to each other.

***

My first day back went smoothly. A quick chat with Kyle and I was back in my usual routine. I was stressing over nothing though.