Chapter 12

My feet were sore and it was the end of a long day. I laid on the bed as Derrick massaged my feet.

"They really liked me." Derrick was explaining his job interview. "I had to do a taste test. And how to criticise someone when I thought there food was below average."

I giggled under Derrick's touch. "That's an easy thing for you, isn't it."

Derrick deliberate tickled me. "No need to get sassy."

I laughed as I tried to reclaim my feet.

"How was your day?"

I smiled. "It was awesome, thank you. But the walking." I groaned. "I would show you photos, but I killed my phone."

"That's okay."

"So most of my guesses were right last night. I saw Big Ben. I toured most of London. I saw Buckingham Palace, but not any royals. But the buildings, those old historic castles. Wow. I felt like I stepped back in history."

"I'm glad you like it."

I pouted over at Derrick. "Do we have to go tomorrow?"

"If it was just me I would already be at the airport. But now you are here, no. I believe we can stretch out a couple more days. Besides I remember you asking to go. Some where."

I smiled broadly. "Thank you!" I got up and wrapped my arms around him.

"We can go souvenir shopping." He grinned at me.

"Did it." I stated as I got up from the bed. I wiggled my toes and stretched my legs. When I looked back at Derrick he was frowning. "Whats the matter? " He was looking into his phone.

"Uh, I have to call Danny." Derrick disappeared out of the room as I knitted my browser together.

Danny? Danny.... Oh yes, Derrick's business partner. I laid on the bed and stretched out to a comfortable position. I couldn't help it, after that foot massage, I felt so relaxed. My eyes blinked and I fought it, but I lost the battle as sleep washed over me.

*****

Derrick had hired a car and after me losing my cool at Canary Wharf, we drove for just over two hours, but I was fascinated with the scenery.

Derrick wouldn't let out where he was taking me. We had checked out of our hotel room, hired a car, packed it and left, only stopping to get something to eat and drink.

But stupid me didn't pay much attention to the signs. "Where are we?" I asked. I've been dying to ask that question every five minutes or so.

"Just south of Birmingham. We are nearly there."

I wanted to jump in excitement. We pulled onto a road then Derrick parked the car.

I got out in excitement but all I could see were people and trees.

Derrick pulled my hand and I followed towards the river.

"Are we allowed down here?" I asked as I continued following him. But Derrick didn't answer.

"We need to follow the river." Was all he said. I looked at the ground, the grass was so green. Then I looked up and gasped.

"No." I whispered.

"I gathered you like history."

I nodded my head but no words could be formed. I just stared in front of me.

After several minutes I snapped my head to Derrick. "Do you know where we are now?"

I nodded. A small smile threatening to enlarge was on my face. He dragged me to the closest tree and that's when I noticed a blanket and hamper on the ground.

I sat down next to him. "We are in Warwickshire. That is Warwick Castle."

I giggled at myself. I was sitting under a large tree next to the river, mere metres from the castle.

"Warwick Castle, resides next to the River Avon." I started as Derrick opened the wine. "It was built by William the Conqueror in um.... 1060....1067. The original was wood. In the 12th century, they rebuilt it to what it is now." I thanked Derrick as I took a glass of wine. "It was a stronghold for centuries then became home to the Earl's of Warwick."

"You definitely don't need a tour guide." Derrick laughed at me. I blushed.

"I read a lot between cookbooks." I grinned. We sat under the shade, both leaning on each other as we soaked in the scene. It was divine. I felt so relaxed and pampered.

Then the thoughts crawled in. This is too much too fast. This is like an extension of our first date. Day one, dinner and sex, day two, England.

Derrick must have sensed me tense up. "Hey, what's wrong?" He mumbled as he kissed the side of my head.

I didn't want to ruin the moment we were in. I shook my head and smiled at him. "Nothing."

Derrick didn't look too convinced, but he didn't ask again.

We sat there for two hours, chatting and drinking wine, nibbling on the food.

"How did you organise this?" I pointed to the basket.

"That's my little secret." Derrick whispered as he kissed me. He then got up and helped me up. We packed up the picnic and Derrick held the basket in one hand and mine in the other.

We put the basket and empty wine in the car and then I got surprised even further when Derrick took me to the front of the castle.

I could have wet myself in the excitement.

"We are going inside?" I squealed quietly. Derrick nodded with a grin. I hugged him tightly, nearly bowling him down.

*****

The past three days were amazing. I had so many photos and memories, I smiled broadly to myself. I am sad it ended, but all things have to end eventually. I looked next to me where Derrick was fast asleep still. I woke nearly an hour ago. We took a different plane home. I looked out the sky as I saw the man made stars down below.

Derrick hasn't allowed a single thought come to my head that was negative the past two days, I don't know if it was pure coincidence or not.

But now as I sat in our cabin, all thoughts flooded me. This is so much. We did what normal people do and go out for dinner. I did what I thought I would never do, drag him to my bedroom. A hot flush came on my cheeks at the memory.

But then he took me to England! Derrick paid for my tickets, he paid for the accommodations. He paid for everything except the stuff I brought on our first day there. But he did try and reimburse me, without saying it. I quickly knocked him back, partially offended and Derrick left it there.

I took a sip of my Coke as I looked at Derrick's sleeping form from under my lashes. How can he expect me to let him pay for everything. These past few days have been awesome. Even better that I was a tourist, unlike when I was in France.

Derrick has been nothing but a gentleman to me. Surprising me at every turn, spoiling me with dinner and wine and the gifts.

I looked down to my wrist and saw the bracelet Derrick bought me. It was a simple bracelet with a castle charm. I smiled to myself. But it was time I got back to reality. There was nine days left till work opened again and we all start two days prior.

Can we keep a relationship? And more importantly, can we both keep our personal life separated from work?

Derrick is really spoiling her now! How nice ❤️

But Terra has her doubts, but can you blame the girl?

She is young, and has high ambitions. She loves her career and she isn't willing to sacrifice it.

Vote and comment, say Hi, I won't bite xxx