I'm Yours~ Jason Mraz

Start from the beginning

Well, open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and, damn, you're free
Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love, love
*Time Set: 2011*

Dan hummed as Phil played different music. Dan was sat on the sofa with some papers surrounding him. He was busy finalizing some of his college drop-out decisions. Phil was sat at his feet playing Mariokart. Dan looked up to see the time.

"I better get going soon. Unless I'm going to sleepover again," He joked.
"You have to leave?" Phil asked him. Dan could hear his upset tone.
"Phil, I can't stay here forever." Dan started to collect his things. But what he just said still stuck in Phil's mind. He grabbed Dan's wrist.
"Maybe you could," Phil pointed out.
"What do you mean?" Dan frowned.
"What if you moved in with me?"

Dan's eyes widened at the words. He couldn't believe that Phil wanted him to move in with him. They had been dating for almost two years now. Dan sat back down, Phil grabbed his hands. Dan wanted to, he really did, but moving with another person was a scary thing. What if they got in a really bad fight? What if they broke up? What Phil hated living with him?

Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved

"Are you sure?" Dan asked.
"Why wouldn't I be?" Phil frowned.
"I don't know.." Dan glanced at Phil's eyes. Phil didn't verbally say anything, but the kiss said enough. Phil's lips brushed against Dan's. At first, it was soft. After a few closed kisses, they grew heated. Their lips smashed together and their tongues roamed each other's mouths.

Dan could hear his heartbeat race in his ears. His heavy breathing mingled with Phil's. It was like the songs Phil had been playing had been switched to their own strange melody.

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

"I will," Dan stopped and looked Phil in his eyes. Dan was sick of worrying. He loved Phil, he knew that. He didn't know why he was so worried, Phil would never hurt him.
"Really?" Phil smiled.
"I'm all yours." Phil loved to hear that. Dan was his. Not literally, I'd course, he definitely knew that people don't own people. Phil didn't own Dan, but he owned his heart. Dan's heart was Phil's, and Phil's heart belonged to Dan.

Doo ch doo doo doo joo
Ba doo ja doo ja doo doo ba
Do you want to come on a scooch on over closer, dear?
And I will nibble your ear
*Time Set: end of 2016*

Home. They thought it at the same time. They walked through their warm apartment. After months of travel it was nice to be there. They dropped all their stuff off in the living room. They would pick it up in the morning. Seconds later and they were in their warm bed. Dan nuzzled against Phil's chest.

It was a few minutes later when Phil was gently snoring. Dan got up and walked to "his room". He had a small box and opened it. Inside were a few keepsakes. There was a ticket from the Manchester Eye, a little note from Phil telling him to come over, small stuff he and Phil did together that meant a lot to him. He placed another item in there, a small piece of golden confetti from the tour.

He walk back into "Phil's room". Dan thought that Phil was sound asleep. He crawled back into bed and Phil pulled him closer.

A soon da ba ba boom ba baum
Whoa, whoa

"You know, I'm so happy I ended up with you." Phil kissed Dan on the forehead.
"I'm happy I ended up with you, too," Dan whispered.
"I love you so much," Phil squeezed Dan tightly. Dan looked at Phil's blue eyes.
"I know. I love you, too." Dan pecked him on the lips.
"I was lost before you, did you know that?" Phil asked, Dan rolled his eyes. "Really, I was. But now, now if I feel lost? I just look into your eyes, and I remember where my home is."

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and I laughed
*Time Set: 2017*

The last month of 2016 was a bad time for Dan. It wasn't anything anyone did, it was just a bad time. It was like his depression went up to level 100 and his happiness went to level 0. He just couldn't change his mood for the longest time.

Eventually, he figured it out. It wasn't anything around him, it was himself. He realized that he wasn't letting himself change. He wanted to grow, but his depression clung to him, trying to get him to stay in his slump.

One day he realized what was wrong. He wasn't being himself because he was scared to. He stopped trying to be his own person for too long and now he was stuck with a branding he didn't want. It wasn't only danisnotonfire, it was his whole image on the internet. He finally realized it just wasn't who he was.

I guess what I'll be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do
Our name is our virtue

2017 changed all that. Dan finally became himself. Dan finally became Daniel Howell. He felt happier than usual. He felt like this was the first time in a long time that things were going well for him. He finally found himself. The best part was that the real Dan, turned out to me the best person to ever match with Phil. Not much changed, but somehow he arguments stopped. They forgot all about hate and got back to the only thing that mattered. They got back to love.

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

They were incredibly happy about how this year had been. They were falling in love like there was no one else in the world. Dan didn't know how changing who he was to what he wanted to be would be what would change his life so much.

Well, open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and, damn, you're free
Look into your heart, and you'll find that the sky is yours
*Time Set: 2018*

"Dan?" Phil asked quietly as he watched Tv. Dan was laying on his lap, his eyes were closed. He had a terrible headache.
"What?" Dan asked. Dan wanted to tell Phil to be quiet, but he knew that Phil already knew how crappy Dan was feeling.
"We should get married," Phil smiled. Dan peeped open an eye and glanced at him.
"Yeah?" He giggled. Phil always did this. If he saw something romantic lately he'd talked to Dan about getting married. Sometimes he talked about their future to make him feel better.

"Hey," Phil put his hand on his forehead. "I'm actually serious this time."
"Phil, we both know you're not actually proposing right now. Plus, I look like shit," Dan smiled at him. He closed his eyes again

So please don't, please don't, please don't
There's no need to complicate
'Cause our time is short
This, oh, this, oh, this is our fate
I'm yours

Phil smiled at Dan. How could he love someone so much?
"Dan," Phil whispered. Dan peeped his eyes back open. "I promise you, I'm serious. Do you want the ring too?"

———————————

Thank you SmallTurtles for the idea of this chapter!