Derrick went to his desk. "Look, I already abused the editor there this morning. But I can't get them for lying, because it is the truth."

I sighed as my shoulders slumped. "I know. But the only downfall is that we didn't meet or hook up or whatever when you came back."

Derrick smiled and kissed me. "I know baby. Maybe it's time we went public. Otherwise the rumours will get worse."

I stayed silent. I knew he was right. It was going to happen eventually and today was the day. I nodded as I walked to the door. Derrick kissed me. "I've organised a meeting with an exclusive magazine. Let me do the talking."

I had a late shift and was doing a close. I had food to prep and I didn't have time to socialise.

Derrick and I stepped out and everyone looked up.

"Okay everyone, gather here. I'm only going to say it once."

Everyone dropped what they were doing and hurried towards us, a bit too fast for my liking.

"Right, I have seen this article," Derrick held up the offending magazine. "Now, for someone to believe this word to word, obviously has no life and live for false information." Derrick started. "Now, not all of this is correct. Yes, Terra and I are engaged. We have been dating longer then a week or two. Only Terra knew when I was back in the country. No, there is no arrangement, no it isn't business. Now get back to work." Derrick snapped as he walked to the front of the building.

I went to my station. I looked over to my small open Office. I groaned. It wasn't how I wanted it to be known about my engagement but it was now out in the open.

I helped my understudy in her work. Mine was mainly freshening up the cakes supply today. Zander was getting the hang of things like pie fillings, but couldn't master the basic crust.

"So you and Mr Caine?" Zander started.

I shook my head. "No Zander." I wasn't going there.

Derrick walked back in on his phone looking flustered. He paced through the restaurant until he hung up his phone and greeted someone that walked in.

She was very professional, wearing a silk loose pink blouse and a knee length black pencil skirt. Her large black handbag was wider there her and her brown pony tail shook as she greeted Derrick.

"Mr Caine, I'm Amelia. We spoke on the phone." I noticed her smile but there was no hunger in her eyes like I see from other women looking at Derrick.

Derrick led her to his office. "Just a second," then he came to me. "Come."

I nodded. "Keep going Zander. I need all that rolled out and in pie flans."

I followed Derrick to his office. It looked slightly different. This time there was two chairs instead of one on Derrick's side of the desk. Kyle's desk was empty. Kyle had been out all day.

Derrick offered me to sit beside him. We both sat, him wearing his black slacks and a t-shirt, whereas I wore my black and white pants with my white double breasted jacket.

"Amelia, Terra. Terra, Amelia." Derrick introduced us. "That's T-E-double R-A. Terra, Amelia is a good friend of mine. I called her in for a favour."

Amelia nodded her head. "Where would you like to start?"

"We just want to announce our engagement."

Amelia arched her eyebrow. "It's a bit late, isn't it Derrick?"

Derrick chuckled. "Actually, we are only doing this to get the facts right."

Amelia nodded as she jotted down her notes.