For Forever~ Dear Evan Hansen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You're Dan. You'll find something," He glanced at me and then back at his feet.
"What if I don't?" I bit my lip.
"Then you can move in with me," Phil smiled.
"I'm serious." I repeated, hoping he'd get the point. He shrugged.
"So was I."

There's nothing that we can't discuss
Like girls we wish would notice us but never do
He looks around and says to me
"There's nowhere else I'd rather be"
And I say, "me too"

"You'll be married. You won't want me to move in with you," I frowned.
"Dan, nobody I've ever liked likes me back." He argued, I knew that wasn't true.
"Shut up. I'm gonna end up homeless," I groaned. I was screwed for the rest of my life.
"Why are you suddenly worried about the future," He narrowed his eyes.
"It's coming up quick," I sighed.
"It's not here yet though. Either way, I'd never leave my best friend homeless. This is where I want to be, with you. Now, let's go." He grabbed my hand and pulled me along. Me too, I thought.

And we talk and take in the view
We just talk and take in the view

He dragged me to a clearing up ahead. I'd never noticed it before now, but here I was enjoying the bright blue sky, littered with clouds. The sun shone, instantly cheering up my mood. Suddenly, a blush crawled up my cheeks. I didn't even realize I was still holding hands with Phil. For some odd reason, I didn't want to let go.

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way, this way

I stood there I realized why I didn't want to let go. I wanted to stand here. I wanted to wind to blow through my hair. I wanted to watch the breeze run through the green trees. I wanted to watch the unbothered sky and it's wonderful blue. I wanted no worries. Just thinking about what was in front of me. No school, no worrying about my future. I wanted this right here, for the rest of my life.

All we see is light for forever
'Cause the sun shines bright for forever
Like we'll be alright for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

I wanted to feel Phil's slim fingers slip their way into mine. I wanted to feel my heart race and the adrenaline rush to my head. I wanted to have this feeling that made my chest burst with happiness. I wanted to be in love. Forever.

And there he goes
Racing toward the tallest tree
From far across the yellow field I hear him calling, "follow me" there we go
Wondering how the world might look from up so high

Then, Phil dropped my hand. He stopped looking at the clearing. He was looking at the tall tree in the middle of the path. He looked at me, his eyes gleamed.
"Follow me," He ran to it. I, as always, followed after him. We stopped at the bottom. "Want to see a better view of the clearing?" He asked me.

One foot after the other
One branch then to another
I climb higher and higher
I climb 'til the entire
Sun shines on my face

My arms ached, but I climbed on. The breeze ran through my hair up here. We were far above the ground, seeing nothing but the clearing. Up here, up here was my new favorite spot. The sun shone of the grass below. You could see the pond near by glimmer. I sat and took in the view. Phil laid my hand on top of mine, and I didn't do a thing to stop him.
"Dan-"

And I suddenly feel the branch give way
I'm on the ground
My arm goes numb
I look around
And I see him come to get me
He's come to get me
And everything's okay

Before he could say whatever it was he wanted, the branch below me cracked. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground. I heaved for air, breathing seemed impossible. The air from my lungs was gone. I couldn't seem to feel my arm, I realized I landed on it. The pain was so overbearing I barely heard Phil screaming my name. Before I could pass out, I saw him. He knelt down next to me, and pulled me up.

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Buddy, you and I for forever this way, this way

I took deep breaths and eventually my breathing was normal. I winced at my arm, I could tell it was broken.
"God, I'm so sorry." Phil grabbed my cheeks and looked into my eyes. "Are you ok?"
I bit my lip. I ignored the pain of my arm and felt my heart rate go up. I leaned in and pecked his lips. "I'm fine," I whispered.

A blush crawled up his face. "I...um-" I smiled, I'd never seen him blush before now. "You like me?" His eyes widen.
"Nah, no one likes me, so I don't like anyone. I'm stuck with you." I grabbed his hand with my good arm. "Now lets get me to the hospital."

All we see is light
'Cause the sun burns bright
We could be alright for forever this way
Two friends
True friends
On a perfect day

I got in the car and put a cold water on my arm. "Dan?" I turned to Phil before he started to drive. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me in for a kiss. This one was a peck, this was passionate. His lips brushed against mine one more time. "If you're gonna kiss me, at least do it right."

——————————

Thank you AriaPoppy for the idea of this chapter!