"Where Would I Be Without You?" (Jackson) [1/3]

Start from the beginning

Karev sat down next to her, and a little to close- if Jackson might add.

Whenever she would look somewhere else for a split second, Karev's eyes would immediately fall onto her breasts.

Given, she was a curvy woman; even in her scrubs, you can trace her curves down her body. But that still didn't give Karev any right.

Another girl came to table and placed her tray in between Karev and the new girl. The other girl has her hand on her hip as she spoke to Karev, classic behavior from a woman who meant business.

"Look buddy, I don't know if you are trying to be genuine or not. But from the looks of it, you just want to get inside my best friend's pants." She says.

"(Y/F/N)!" (Y/N) exclaims.

"What (Y/N)? He's not denying it, which means that it's true." (Y/F/N) explains.

"She may be the new girl, but that does not mean that she is a piece of meat that you can eat anytime you want." She adds.

"Noted.." Karev states.

"So.. what are you still doing here?" (Y/F/N) snaps.

Karev grabs his things and says goodbye to (Y/N).

"Good boy." (Y/F/N) says.

Karev glowers at her as he walks away.

Jackson couldn't hide the smile that spread across his face when he sees he got rejected by (Y/N)'s friend.

Jackson watches as the two girls conversed.

(Y/F/N) acted as if they were having a normal conversation, but instead she says:

"The hottie at your five o'clock has been staring at you since he sat down."

"What? Really?" (Y/N) says.

And sure enough, when (Y/N) looked at her five o'clock, she saw Jackson looking at her. Once their eyes locked, it seemed like everything around them slowed. Jackson looks like a deer caught in headlights until Kenner punches him in the shoulder.

"Wha-?" Jackson says.

"Quit staring at her and say something." She snaps.

Jackson gives (Y/N) a small wave and she returned the gesture. His heart fluttered when she gave him a smoked at him. She tucks a strand of her hair behind her ears and suddenly Jackson felt a strong urge to go up to her and speak to her.

"Well clearly he's shy, so I am going to pretend to go to the bathroom and he is going to make his way over to you. If you feel anyway uncomfortable, just look to me and I will handle it." (Y/F/N) states.

She stands and makes her way to the bathroom. A few minutes later, Jackson slowly approaches (Y/N).

"Hi," He says, tucking his hands into his jacket pockets.

"Hey," She says.

"Sorry that I was staring, it's just.. you are one of the prettiest women I've ever seen." He says.

"Thank you," (Y/N) say with a slight blush.

"May I?" He says, motioning to the chair.

"Sure,"

He sits some next to her and says:

"I hear that you are the new Head of Plastics; before the passing of the last Head of Plastics, I was under his residency... so I was wondering if I could hang with you for the time being. You know, so I can get a feel for how you work."

"Yeah, that's fine... I heard about the passing of the last Head of Plastics, and I think it's sweet that you guys named the hospital after him.. I don't think Mount Sinsai would ever do that." She says.

"Yeah well, he was a friend of many in this hospital. He was a valuable asset to this hospital, which is something that I think you are going to be as well." He compliments.

"You think so?" She asks.

"I know so."