Yearning For Who? Chapter 8

Encre's P.O.V

It was nearing lunch and I was beginning to grow hungry. It has been a while since I'd last eaten so it'd be best if I find something. I've been wandering around the Castle for quite a while, yet I still find myself getting lost. Fallacy had told me strictly that if I were to see another Vampire that I'd best avoid them at all costs. Apparently some of the underlings - as he put it - likes to come into the castle without proper permission.

My eyes widened at the sight of a pair of large double doors. What is this? My eyes tracked down the doors to the knob. My arm reached for the knob to which I opened the doors. It wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, instead it was smooth and calming. At least I know that this castle has been taken care of. What am I saying, of course it has been taken care of! There are so many maids who scatter and tread like mice. I should know that they must take their job very seriously.

On the other side of the doors were rows and rows of books. This room was huge! The walls were a splatter of a crimson and the floors was lavished with an extravagant black, shine. The shelves were orderly and definitely clean, but the books had collected some dust, some more than others.

Even though the room was nicely kept it still made me think of it as a forsaken place. Why does Fallacy have a library lavished with books? Does he read? He must if this room is chock-full of books.

I sauntered over to one of the shelves. The dust had blanketed a few books while others had a thin layer. It sure seems to me that Fallacy doesn't read. Especially when these books were poorly kept. My finger trailed down the books as my finger collected dust as I silently strolled shelf from shelf. Out of the corner of my eyes my view had caught a title that must've been labeled in Latin or possibly another language I was not fluent with. All I knew was it was foreign to my eyes and that sparked my curiosity.

I gathered the book in my hands and flipped to a random page. My finger slowly traced down the pages as I flipped the pages one by one. It was when I saw a picture I stopped and stared....it was a tall man who was dressed in wealth like a king. Besides him was an elegant woman that held a young baby cradled in her arms. I squinted a little trying to figure out why the picture felt so familiar. The  mother and father gave me the feeling of despair. But why? Maybe I can ask Fallacy who the two individuals are. 

I touched the mother with my fingers as if longing for her. I immediately noticed something that I had lacked to notice for. She had the same eyes as me and the man had physically traits that reminded me of my brother. Who are these people and why do they remind me of my brother and myself? 

I thought to myself and agreed to go to Fallacy with this matter. I just had to know who these three are.

Especially the young, baby girl in the mothers protective arms. 

- Hey guys! ^-^ Sorry for the short chapter but at least it was something. My finals are coming up and so publishing might take longer than usual so I can take my time to up my grades before the big tests. Anyways! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and see you in the next chapter! Byeeeeeeeeee -

OH and I want your guys' opinion on if I should make a new book called Little Red Riding Hood? But it's not an Ink x Error book. It's a creation of my own, yet the whole story line will be different from the actually story of Little Red Riding Hood so it can be my own. I actually have 2 Chapters already done for that book but I want you guys to tell me if I should publish them or not. Warning: there is very sad emotions in both chapters so you understand the characters POV a little better