Deep and Forbidden Chapter 2

Encre's P.O.V   

It was about a bit over noon when I awoke, I slept in. Thinking about how many hours I slept it benefited me because now I was closer to nightfall, however it gave me less time to get packed. I sat up and threw the blankets off of me as I stretched my arms and legs. I blinked a few times before throwing my feet over the bedside and letting my toes touch the soft carpet.The room looked gloomy but that might be because the curtains were covering over the large windows. The little light that was creeping from behind the folds gave the room a bright beam of golden that exploited the dark.

My eyes traveled throughout the room gathering the items I may need for the nights bringing. What I listed wasn't much seeing how I was only going to be in the woods for a few hours or so. I stood up and walked to the canvas seeing a small chest like box beside the dresser that I hadn't notice before now.

I went down on my knees and carefully unlatched the box. As I opened the top my eyes widened to see expensive paints and brushes, inks and pens. This was something I haven't been really able to afford because my fathers paycheck from the army always came in late to the cottage but now I didn't have to worry about that. 

I let my hands cast over the materials to see that these weren't new but used supplies. Whoever had these before me had took great care of each one of these materials, just as I will.  I gently closed the top and saw a handle. I smiled, this chest wasn't to big...but it wasn't to small either. I latched the box and tried picking it up. As I lifted it I could feel the weight but thinking about carrying it through the woods it wouldn't be to much of a burden. At least I hope so.

I stood back up and threw the curtains wide open and let the light pour throughout the room. The gloomy feeling had vanished and all I felt was the brightness wash over me making me feel newer, a bit cleaner.

I set the chest down on my bed and looked out the window at the sun. I should probably start heading off. I went to the dresser and took a new sketchbook off the corner and then I walked to the bed using my other hand to grab the chest and folded a canvas under my arm. Afterwards, I opened the door with my elbows and closed it behind me with my foot as I made my way down the long, elegant hallways of gold.

It took a quite a bit of time before I found my way out, but when I did I started walking out the over sized doors and down the cobble path. The stone was hard underneath my soles and the creases were not as defined as they should have been, they were uneven. 

Soon, as the cobble turned to dirt I knew I would soon find my way in the Forest. I smiled slightly and switched my things in the opposite hands so they wouldn't tire quickly. I caught sight of a opening in the dark woods. I used this chance and entered the Forbidden Forest. I know what Asriel told me about Vampires but I think that's all a folly tale to scare the younger into thinking they can't wander off by themselves whenever they want or they'd be drained of there fluids.

I shuddered at the thought, it's ridiculous, completely absurd. Not one word of the Forest I believed that the Prince had shared with me. I continued to walk deeper and deeper in the woods, my arms beginning to tire. I sighed, I wasn't going to be able to go much farther. Biting my lip I kept walking for about twenty more minutes before deciding to find a place to paint. I found a scenery that was full of wonder. It was a tree that exploded in wildflowers and leaves that reached out to anything it could touch, a blanket of moss fluttered up the trunk and arms. It looked promising enough to paint, something that I could start out with.

I placed the chest down and set up the canvas. I carefully put the sketchbook on the canvas flipping it the the first blank paper before unlatching the chest and setting all the material on the ground. I closed the box and used it as a seat, Picking up a small brush I began to paint the outlines of everything.

Hours flew and the sky began to calm and grow dark as the sun laid down to sleep and the moon awoke. I was as close as done and started to put everything away, closing the lids to the paints and placing everything back in the chest. I was about to put the last of the inks away when I heard a small twig crack.

I stood up quickly, trying to listen to the noise around me. All I heard was the soft breeze blowing up against my face and some nocturnal animals that went to call to one another. I was a little scared but brushed it off and went back to putting the last of my stuff away and latched the chest. I was folding the canvas back when I heard another twig snap which caused me to stiffen up and freeze in place. Once again I was listening but this time I knew someone else was here.

I tried to sound confident when I spoke but instead my words trembled as they "Qui est là?" (Who's here?)

I stood in place in the same position. I thought that maybe I was over reacting and I was just being foolish thinking someone else was out here. I was going to place my canvas on the mossy ground when I heard a voice behind me, "why hello there."

My eyes widen and I didn't even take the chances in looking behind me, I broke into a sprint away from whoever was behind me. My breaths turned to rasps for are as I slapped into rouge twigs and pushed myself away from the over grown plants that stretched towards me.  I heard the stranger chuckle far behind me as I kept urging myself to put one foot after the other. Who is this stranger? What does he want? Am I just be absurd into running away like this?

I thought of my possibilities, I probably looked childish and silly. I stopped gulping down air, I must've ran to hard. I didn't even have a pace instead I ran off of adrenaline and look where that got me. I looked around, it got me lost. Sighing, I began walking in the direction I "thought" I came. I was sure I was wrong but I didn't want to second-guess it so I kept going. 

I spoke to myself but in English, "I'm pretty sure I lost that stranger."

I stretched my arms back to suddenly have a sudden grip around me wrist. It was firm and when I tried pulling away the grip was to strong. I turned around to see a taller individual looking down at me with a smirk. He had a dark like flame that flew from the back of his head. He was black but the the blue around his eyes brought out his eye color. He looked quite unique, something I had never seen before. The skeleton wore a dark, long cape that seemed shredded at the end. His clothes looked fancy, yet old-fashioned in my own opinion. His smirk showed a shining tooth that pointed at the end.

My eyes had a shaking fear, was he a vampire!? His grip tightened and I winced, "So what is a lovely such as yourself doing in my woods?"

I stayed silent thinking that maybe if I didn't say a word he'd get bored of me. A few minutes passed and the man never took his eyes of me, "Don't you talk?"

Once more only silence from me. And he was getting impatient, "I only wish for your name."

I looked up at him, still scared I spoke, "E-Encre."

The man smiled, "Nice to meet you Encre. I am Fallacy, King of all Vampires." He said this and smiled more showing fangs that were perched in his mouth. I gasped in shock, 

Vampires are real! 

-Hoi guys! For some reason these Chapters are comin out longer than I expected but whateva. Anyways thanks guys and see you in the next Chapter. Byeeeee-

[Book 1] Longing Love~ (Fallacy X Encre)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara