Jeon Solo

Jeon Jungkook leaned into the curved handles of his steering wheel, squinting at the glass of his fighter jet. The boxy windshield flickered with a pixelated green filter. It was blocking out the intense UV rays that were blazing down from a nearby star onto the tiny planet he was flying across the surface of.

As a result, he wasn't blind just yet.

Jungkook could see the pixelated hues of green on his screen crunching into forms now, the closer he got to the tiny planet of Ether's surface.

His eyes scanned the lines of text slowly scrolling down the left side of his cockpit glass. He muttered out loud to himself as he read.

Jungkook snapped his fingers and the screen's scrolling text froze into place. "Amplify data point C." The surrounding text shrank away as Data Point C grew four times its size on the screen. "I thought I'd just misread it. But no...."

He reached around his pilot's seat for his helmet. Up until that point he hadn't seen a reason to wear it—overconfident as ever. He slipped the hard black shell over his head. A visor remained open and hovering over the top, so that his focused almond eyes were still exposed.

"Landing protocols, engaged."

In response, the ship began to autopilot itself forwards and downwards while Jungkook adjusted the sleeves of his orange and black pilot's jumpsuit, making sure that the seals between the arm ends and his massive black gloves were safely connected. He adjusted the same sealant material around his collar, pulling it around his throat like a sticky black turtleneck.

"Star Xenos' current location?"

His computer buzzed coordinates back to him.

"So, I have fifteen minutes," he muttered to himself, "before direct starlight exposure, aaaand my body roasts and pops like a peanut. Plenty of time." He smirked and flicked his visor down over his face.

There was a shift and a grumble as the fighter jet landed, making Jungkook tumble sideways in his chair and grip the armrests to steady himself. When it was clear they weren't going to catapault off of any ledges (no need for emergency flight maneuvers) Jungkook's eyes did a scan of his visor's readings of the current air temperature, air pressure, atmospheric toxins, and so forth, before tapping a pattern into a square fleshy pad amongst his controls. It responded by opening a door just behind his pilot's chair.

He walked into the exit chamber and tapped the same pattern onto another response pad mounted into the wall. The door to the cockpit shut and sealed in response. Then the back hatch of his tiny jet dropped down.

Jungkook walked down the exit ramp and out into the inferno of light that blazed outside. His suit was secure, but he still had the sensation of walking outside into a hot summer's day. His visor screen had formed into the same green-and-black pixelated display that had shown on his craft's monitor, like night vision goggles working in reverse.

Ether was a small planet indeed, comprised of a series of salt rock spires and cliff formations, as well as channels of underground hot springs and geysers.

It was small, but the gravitation relatively stable. His feet plodded along quite normally--no large leaps and bounds, no floating a bit before taking another step.

A good sign, he thought.

He crouched down and plucked a small black stake out of his utility belt and pushed it into the rock under his feet. It pierced fairly deep into the loose, gravely soil and a reading appeared on the left side of his visor screen. One detail in particular caught his eye.

"15% Mysterium? Chim, you genius...!"

He hurried further down the salt rock slope and came to a steep drop off too tall to jump directly down but not tall enough to worry over. He ran, leapt, and began a delicate dance of back and forth leaps between the twin drop-offs until he'd reached the ground below with a heavy CRUNCH--in which his knees gave, and he fell into a slight crouch before righting himself again.