Twenty-Six

The locker room is filled with my teammates and we're goofing off in an attempt to calm our nerves. We had run drills earlier and came back to the locker rooms to get ready for our first game. I don't know what is going on out there in terms of excitement or attendance and it doesn't matter. I'm excited to play no matter who is the opponent or how many people show up. I feel great today. I stretch my arms as we laugh and watch Hoseok cheer us up with silly dances and a chant that doesn't make any sense.

The coach gives us a small pep talk before we head out to the stadium.

But honestly, I'm not prepared for the sight at all.

"Whoa.."

As we walk out on the court, there are thousands of people in the stands.

I stand there at the door completely mesmerized for a second.

This can't be right. Am I at the right school? I'm dreaming?

I've never seen the arena filled with so many people before. As I find my legs and start to jog out, they are cheering obnoxiously and some are even holding up signs and glow-sticks. Granted half of the stadium is filled with our opponents...but still.

It's insane.

Hoseok looks at me and I look back; we have the same reaction. "This is crazy...why are there so many people here?" he mumbles and I can see him get instantly nervous. I rub his shoulder and give him a hard slap on the back which he winces at over-dramatically.

"Nah, this is awesome,"

I smile with all gums then rush out on the court. The adrenaline alone is enough to get me instantly pumped to play. For a while, I don't even think about why there are so many people here or what they are doing, or what caused them to be so interested in our game in the first place. I can't get over the roar of the crowd. Even the cheerleaders seem a little more excited than normal. It's clear that even the other team is equally as shocked at the turn-out.

We run some dribbles and basic drills and I can't control my excitement. The other members on my team are a little bit more weary like Hoseok, and I try to pump them up as well.

The referees come out on the court.

It's showtime.