Eighty-One

After meeting Jimin at the cafe, I decide to go back to school. I apologize frantically to my professors who seem to understand. I give a bunch of crap about how the pressure was getting to my head, and that I more or less had a mental breakdown. Now, I'm sitting with my laptop open trying to do extra credit so I don't fail. Because Jimin was right in the end, I need to graduate and tough out the next few weeks.

The bigger issue has been dodging my team mates and coach. 

Somehow I survived a week so far. 

JIMIN
| Check the news, hyung

ME
| I hate the news

JIMIN
| I know!
| Just turn it on please

Reluctantly I reach for the remote and turn on the news. I've been avoiding social media and such outlets for almost a month now. I'm not interested in what anyone has to say. I just want this all to be over. 

But the local sports station brings my attention to a whole other level.

"Ever since the news of Min Yoongi's departure from the team, Goucher's winning basketball record has gone downhill. It's evident that Min Yoongi was the only thing keeping this team together. Open source scouts claim their rapid disappointment in Yoongi's unprofessional behavior regarding his random decision to quit on a whim. One scout even went as far as to say that they are glad to not have followed him throughout his career if this is how it will end.

Still, there are some people that stay positive and hope for Yoongi's return. Right now there is a petition online asking him to play at the semi-finals and bring his team to victory for the first time. There is still hope for Min Yoongi's career. And Yoongi, if you're watching, your fans are desperate for your return!!!"

JIMIN
| They need to update your picture to your mint hair!!!

ME
| This is ridiculous...