Ninety-Two

I see my team mates kneeling forward and covering their heads in disapointment.

I hear the soft hush from half of the crowd as their banners for my team are lowered and their foam fingers drop to the ground.

I taste the sweat dripping from the sides of my face.

But most importantly I feel a numbing pain inside of my chest where my heart currently resides, and it's breaking in two pieces.

There are hands on my shoulders and comforting words being spewed my way, but I can't make out any of what is being said and I shove the contact away. I stare lifelessly at the ground and cannot meet the eyes of my friends as I take a walk of shame towards the locker room. But not before the scout Mr. Taylor steps in front of me at the doorway. I look up to meet his eyes and his lips are moving. He's telling me that the deal is off, and that he's not going to sign me to the American league.

He walks away shaking his head.

I see Jin and Taehyung closeby in the stands. Jin knows that something is wrong and he haphazardly pushes through the exiting crowd to get to me. He's yelling for me.

I can't hear him.

I turn my head to see Kim Namjoon standing by a small exit door behind the stands. He's holding his cell phone and waving it at me precariously. Then he starts to clap...a low, agonizing clap that vibrates through my soul like a drum.

Because I threw the game just like he demanded.

I don't really know what comes over me next. I find myself charging in his direction.

"Yoongi!"

Jin is calling for me but I bypass him easily. Namjoon exits into the night and I chase after him still dressed in my basketball uniform. The night air hits me like a brick. I stumble and crane my neck frantically to find him, and I see a sliver of gray hair walking between the expensive cars parked in the back of the building. I run towards him with my blood boiling. I hear the door behind me swing back open and Jin is hot on my trail. But I can't worry about him now. I'm sprinting now as Namjoon starts to dodge between vehicles. I think about ways to hurt him like he's hurt me and find myself seething and crying at the same time.

I yell for him. "Namjoon!" and continue to run. I turn the corner of a large black vehicle and come face to face with the devil himself.

Then his fist makes contact with my face and I practically fly backwards. Then there are hands on me as I realize that Namjoon is not alone. They pick me up easily and throw me into a black SUV. I'm squirming and trying to kick away to no avail. I'm hit again and I feel blood pooling from my nose. I fall back in the seat as the door is slammed shut, and the driver speeds off.

"Where are you taking me?!" I say with blood now dripping into my teeth. Namjoon is sitting casually in the passengers seat while I'm surrounded by four of his apparent goons. They are all silent and one is even chuckling at me in a mocking way. He's about five times larger than me and I know that I cannot put up any kind of fight. The vehicle flies onto the highway and within mere seconds my university is out of sight, and we're driving into the countryside.

The anxiety in my chest is something that I am unable to fully explain. And I have a feeling I know exactly where he's taking me.

Namjoon's phone rings and he answers it nonchalantly as he usually does. He doesn't say anything else as the speaker tells him what he wants to know on the other end. I can't make out what they are saying. Namjoon pulls the phone away to look at the screen, then he gives a large satisfied smile. He holds the phone back to his ear. "It's all there. As promised. It was nice doing business with you,"

When he hangs up the phone, he lets out a low, fulfilled chuckle that migrates into pure content. He claps his hands together and pulls out his cigar.

"I've been saving this for months," he says to no one in particular, but I see the driver give a small smirk at the young man's words. "It feels good to be me right now. But Yoongi, it really sucks to be you,"

Namjoon flicks his lighter and puffs the cigar. The smoke immediately plumes around the condensed space. I can only imagine that Namjoon had just been wired his victory money.

And now he has no need for me.

I swallow hard and fight back the urge to beg for my life right then and there. Instead I sit quietly and obediently in the car and let the large men take me to an old abandoned warehouse by the water. I recognize it immediately as the setting in the Polaroid picture. My heart leaps knowing that Jungkook is here and that he might be safe. Though, I can only anticipate the inevitable fate for the two of us.

And I wonder how I got in this deep, and how the fuck I'm going to get out of it.