Sixty-Eight

"I'm sorry,"

"I don't want to hear it,"

I stare at Jungkook and can feel the vulnerable parts of me become defensive. Though the pain in his eyes is evident and it's clear that he knows he messed up, it's nearly impossible for me to see through the betrayal.

"I should have told you," His voice is small and fragile. I want it to impact me in a way that makes me less hurt but it's impossible.

"And why didn't you?" I sneer.

"I..."

"Because you were getting a cut, right?" I shake my head. "Namjoon was paying you,"

"N-no...I wasn't,"

"You're fucking lying,"

"I'm sorry,"

There is several seconds of silence between us. I can feel my heart shaking inside of my chest. 

"You basically pimped yourself to me for a few thousand bucks, right? I'm sure that'll help pay for your tuition, right? Is that what it was? You fall for me, make me happy, keep me distracted from what was really going on? And Namjoon throws a few hundreds your way?"

"It's not like that," Jungkook is lacking confidence, and it's not helping his case.

"It doesn't even fucking matter anymore. I'm done with this," 

"Hyung you have to keep playing," Jungkook seems to only worry about this piece of the issue, just like Namjoon did. It makes me sick. "There's too much at risk...you don't even know half of what's really going on!"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do. I was falling in love with you, Jungkook. I wanted a future with you," I lick my lips and look away. My body is tense and I can feel myself getting more worked up then I already am. "I'm a fucking fool, right? Money is obviously more important,"

"You... you love me?" Jungkook's eyes are wide now. 

"I don't know. Maybe I did," I say back. This is causing a bigger reaction from Jungkook and he's walking towards me. But in retaliation I take steps back, almost putting my hands up to stop him from getting too close. "But not anymore. Not after this,"

"Hyung..."

"I'm such a fucking idiot. Everything inside of me was telling me that this was a bad idea, that I was getting in too deep and it was too easy. But you've known from the start, right? You lied this entire time. You just pretended to like me, pretended to not know Namjoon or anything that was going on. It's disgusting,"

"I didn't pretend to like you!" Jungkook's voice is desperate now. "I - I love you. I wanted this to stop, I swear! But I can't stop...it won't stop..."

"Save it,"

Jin has our bags now and he's ushering me towards the door.

"Hyung, please..." Jungkook reaches for me but I shove him away as hard as I can. I can hear Jin quietly crying behind me. He's just as anxious to get the fuck out of there as I am.

"Yoongi...let's go," he practically begs, and I hear him open the door.

"I hope this was worth it," I look right in Jungkook's eyes as I say this, my heart literally breaking in the process. "We're fucking done,"