Thirty-Four

Jungkook and I lock eyes, and his smile becomes enormous like a child. He starts to wave up at me like we haven't seen each other in ten years. He pulls on Taehyung's sleeve and points up at me then leans over and whispers something in his ear. Taehyung and I also lock eyes and I feel myself blush at memories of the night we shared the other weekend. I'll blame our pleasurable interaction on those fucked up pills, of course.

It's like I'm watching a drama unfold below me as Taehyung then says something to Jungkook that I clearly can't make out. I see Jungkook's eyes go wide and I half expect him to get pissed off since Taehyung probably revealed the inevitable. Instead, Jungkook slaps his arm with a shocked yet impressed face, like he can't believe it. Luckily he doesn't look too mad.

Not that I should care about what Jungkook thinks at all.

I wave them both up here, hoping that Namjoon will be courteous and allow the two younger boys to join in the VIP section. The two of them hold hands and navigate through the crowd and I wait for them at the top of the steps. They are practically toppling on each other and acting more like buddies then potential lovers, which makes me feel a little better at running into them both at this club. They race up the steps and when they stumble to the top, the two bouncers look at me with raised eyebrows, obviously judging the company I'm bringing into the important section of the club.

"They're with me," I say this in a low, raspy voice and pretend that I'm in my own drama, and it results in endless giggles from the two boys. I find it cute. They unlatch the red velvet rope and before they can come any further in, I stop them both with my hand on their chests. "Act cool, okay? This place is super fancy, and my whole professional future sort of rests in the hands of the owner of this club, alright? Don't fuck this up for me by acting like a bunch of kids,"

Taehyung and Jungkook nod furiously and attempt to mask their excitement by pressing their lips together and stifling their giggles. 

Taehyung and I meet eyes once more. "Nice to see you again," I saw to him a little too seductively while vivid images of our night flash through my head. He's clearly thinking the same thing. "You guys know each other?" I say to them both.

"Yeah! Taehyung and I are best friends!" Jungkook side-hugs Taehyung and I can see them as splitting images of each other if I'm being honest. "But don't worry, I know how you two know each other. It doesn't bother me, hyung,"

I slap Jungkook in the arm playfully. "Come on, brat,"

Namjoon is craning his neck to see who I've brought along, and when the two younger boys make their official appearance they seem like a couple of fanboys. "Namjoon, this is Jungkook and Taehyung. Jungkook attends my college and Taehyung is his best friend apparently. Would you mind if they spent some time up here with us?"

Namjoon gives a welcoming nod and extends a hand to them both. "Make yourselves at home. Any friend of our future star is a friend of mine,"

Jungkook and Taehyung bow repeatedly then slither away to the private bar. I see Taehyung slapping at Jungkook and motioning over to Jin, then again whispering something in his ear. Jungkook reacts with the same response as finding out about me and Taehyung, and it's even more dramatic since clearly there was more bodies involved in bed that night...

Meanwhile, I squint my eyes at Namjoon's choice of words.

To our future star.

I read that on the note attached to the little brown package the other day...

"Yoongi-ssi! Let's do some shots!" Jin loops his arms with mine and pulls me out of my temporary daze. While he drags me to the bar with the younger boys, I turn my head to meet Namjoon's alluring gaze. He presses his glass to his lips -- it's filled with a strange green substance and looks heavenly intoxicating. He chugs it in one, intimidating gulp. It's almost as if he is daring me to say something.

Going against my instinct that is telling me to absolutely say something about his choice of words, instead I wrap my arms across Jungkook and Taehyung's shoulders and decide to ignore the coincidence. 

"Four shots of vodka," I tell the pretty lady behind the bar. "Make them doubles,"

It's going to be a long night.