Chapter 34

Travis's POV

I feel the pressure of the blade slicing into my skin, and I can't do anything about it. I look up at the person that is holding the blade, it is Brandon. I can't hide the stricken look on my face as he laughs at me.

'You are so weak Travis.. letting yourself fall in love with a girl you will never have. You have to turn off your emotions to survive this tragic world..'

He pulls the blade out and drives into my heart.

I jolt awake, and look around the room I am in. I'm lying in a hospital bed, I look down at my body and realize that my entire torso is covered in white bandages. The memory comes flooding back to me as the pain from the wounds start to radiate. I grab the phone by my bed, and call for the nurse. Soon she is coming into the room, the doctor following closely behind her.

"Well, you are definitely one lucky man, Mr. Taylor. if you had not been brought here when you were you most likely would not have made it. Your wounds were very deep, I'm not going to ask where you got them, due to the amount of times I have see you in here. Although I will say this, you need to get away from whatever it is you are doing Travis. I don't know how much more your body will take." He runs a hand through his hair before he turns towards the door, "Oh, and there is a girl here to see you. I will send her in, maybe she can persuade you into leaving the gang."

I cringe as he says the words, he is the only doctor who will assist me, because he knows about the gang. He has tried for years to get me to leave the gang, but he also knows that I cant just leave the gang. Boss would kill me before he willingly let me leave. I look up as I see the door slowly open. I watch silently as Ashton comes in holding a stuffed turtle, she smiles at me as she notices me staring at her.

"I got this for you, but, um, don't tell Brandon. I didn't get him anything.." she rambles on causing me to smile.

"I love turtles, thank you Ashton.." I say as she comes to sit in the seat beside my bed. She hands me the turtle, and blushes. Her face falls when she see the bandages on my torso.

"Why do you have to go and get yourself hurt Travis.." she wipes her eyes, and my heart breaks a little. She looks up at me, and I can see in her eyes that I mean the world to her. And her world almost shattered.

"Come here.." I reach my hand out, and she slowly takes it standing up and walking to the bed.

She sits down on the side of the bed, making my heart start to beat faster. My mind starts to go to other things quickly, I would love to kiss those beautiful lips. I push those thoughts away, and pull her to me. She gently lays her head on my chest, so I stroke her hair.

"I won't get hurt any more ok?" I whisper into her hair, I wish she could always be in my arms like this. Instead she will always be in another man's, he deserves her though. He won't hurt her, he will always be there for her.

"I know you can't promise that T, I know why you can't leave.. I wish I could change that for you.."  she starts to softly cry, and my heart aches even more. I hold her in my arms, and cherish this moment. I feel like a different person when she is around, I wish I could have met her before the gang. Maybe I would be somewhere totally different than in a hospital bed.

"Ashton, I will get away from him.." I whisper, she squeezes me gently. I will get away from him, even if it kills me.

Ashton's POV

I pull back, after a while and realize Travis has fell asleep. His arms still around me, I gently lay his arms by his sides and pull his blanket over him. I walk out of the room quietly, and shut the door as softly as possible. I walk in to the waiting room where everyone else is waiting.

"How is he?" Vinny asks, his eyes have dark circles under them showing the exhaustion.

"He is doing alright, he fell asleep.." my eyes want to cry, but I have no more tears.

"You know, T did give them a good ass beating. But more and more people came in to the fight, we done our best to break it up. We got away with only a few scrapes and bruises.." Sebastian says running his hands through his hair.

"Who were they?" I ask, getting angry by the fact that this all happened over a girl.

"It's a rival gang, we will take care of it.." Dylan says dismissing the conversation. I can't let it go though, my anger starts to get the best of me and I swing my fist out and punch the wall beside me leaving a hole.

"Ashton, calm down baby.." Vinny says trying to calm me down.

"I need to go home.. I got stuff I need to do." I whisper, walking out of the hospital. I hear Vinny apologize to the boys as he follows me out of the hospital.

"What are you going to do?" Vinny says walking up beside me.

"I have to take care of some things is all.." I say sweetly.

"Ashton, please tell me." He stops me, and the look in his eyes makes my heart stop. He pulls me to him, and he looks down at me.

"I'm not letting them get away with hurting my friends.." I look at him, and he knows there is no changing my mind.