Chapter 49

I am leaning back in my chair, my feet propped up on my desk when someone barges into the room.

"Bro! There is a major fight upstairs, you need to get up there now!" I jump up from my chair and run upstairs from the basement. I hear it before I see it, and when I enter the living room I see the guy I thought I would never see this close.

"Break it up!" I yell, and everyone scatters. The guy stands up backing away, I look at the guy on the floor and I know he had it coming.

"I'll be on my way." Travis says, turning and heading for the door.

"No you won't, clean up your mess." I say pointing to the boy laying on the floor. He is completely out, but I can tell he isn't dead.

"It's her mess actually," he points to the girl kneeling down beside the boy on the floor, "Hey Dakota look at this as payback for destroying my family.."

His words make my head snap up quickly, I knew our father had cheated on his mother, but I didn't know who it was with. Travis notices my facial expressions, and begins to say something, but I cut him off.

"Get him out of here." I tell the girl, she comes here often especially for a 'good time'. Not talking about sex, talking about powder. She starts pulling him away, making some of her friends help her. I turn my back to everyone and start walking back to the basement. Everyone moves out of my way, but I hear someone coming up behind me. I ignore them as I continue down to the basement. I don't hurry though, I want them to follow me. When I enter my room I leave the door open as they follow me inside.

"Who are you?" Travis says looking at me, I'm not fazed by the fact he doesn't recognize me though. He was to young to fully remember.

"Don't worry about it.." I say sitting down at my desk, and pulling out my phone.

"You look familiar, I think I have seen you before.. In an old picture my father had.. do you know him?" He asks, and suddenly I remember the little boy I got tore away from. My mother done what she had to do, my father loved to many women and my mother couldn't stand by and watch anymore. Especially when Preston was trying to kill her because she was with his best friend. I was six when Travis was born, I remember it as if it were yesterday. His mom was really young she was only seventeen when she had Travis.

"I don't know what you are talking about.." I say, ignoring his piercing gaze.

"Yes you do.. Alex.." he says before turning around, and walking away.

Ashton's POV

When they finally released me, Vinny brought me to his house to sleep. He told his mom I was sick and she didn't question it as he brought me up to his room and laid me down on his bed.

"Vinny, I love you.." I whisper as he lays down beside me.

"I love you too baby girl.." he says before leaning down to my stomach, "I also love you baby."

I can't hide the smile on my face as he kisses my stomach before laying down and pulling me to him. I fall asleep quickly, as he holds me close.

I hear a car horn as I jerk up right, I jump out of bed and run outside. I see a car pointed towards me, it's head lights blinding me.

I slowly start to walk towards the car when I hear insane laughter.

I watch as someone comes to stand in the light in front of me.

Marcus is standing in front of me laughing maniacally, he has something in his hand.

I don't realize what it is until it is to late..

He holds the gun up, and aims it at my stomach.

'You don't get to have a happy ending bitch..' He says before pulling the trigger.

I jerk awake, and I feel the sweat and tears on my face. I run into Vinny's bathroom and look down at my stomach in the mirror. It was just a dream, I almost cry because of how real it felt.

"Ashton?" I hear Vinny call out, his voice is raspy due to his sleepy state. I walk back into the bedroom and crawl into bed.

"Sorry I had a nightmare.." I whisper, and he pulls me to him wrapping his arms around me kissing my nose.

"It's ok baby, what happened?" He asks quietly.

"It's dreamt that Marcus showed up at my house and shot me in the stomach trying to kill our baby.." my eyes begin to swell with unshed tears.

"Ashton, no one is going to hurt our baby.. I will kill anyone who tries. Even if I have to die to protect our baby, I will do anything to keep him or her alive. Along with you my girl.." he leans over me, kissing me before trailing his lips down to my neck.

"Vincent this is what got us in this predicament.." I say softly, not wanting to admit how he is making me feel.

"I know, but there is no going back now.." he says smirking as he pulls his shirt over his head. I smile at him as he slowly helps me take my shirt off. He grins as he leans down to me pecking my lips as he also pulls me against his body. His lips are like fire as he melts my heart as he places his lips all over my chest. I lean my body into him, and there is no going back. This man has stole my heart, and also gave me something so precious in return.

We fall asleep clinging to eachother after everything. The last thing I think of as I listen to his heart beat.

I can't wait to hear our babies heart beat.