Chapter 39

I stare at my mom for a good five minutes before Vinny cuts in.

"I'm sorry Mrs Niko, but I'm not going to let her go meet with this guy. No one even knows who he is, do you really think it's safe to send Ashton to meet someone that everyone is afraid of?" He questions my mom, and I can almost see his jaw tick. I know he is getting upset, and I don't blame him. Maybe if I do this though I can keep the boys safe by taking out their boss.

"I'll do it.. We need to take down my father.. before he kills my friends." I say, looking at Vinny. He looks scared and almost angry before his eyes soften.

"Ashton, I don't want you getting hurt.." he whispers.

"Then you and Cole need to help me learn some defense techniques, because I'm not going to stand by any longer. Everyone around me is in some way attached to a gang, and I'm the daughter of two gang leaders. It's in my blood.." I don't believe the words when they leave my mouth, but I need to make everyone believe I am strong.

"We can train you, but it's not going to be easy.." Cole frowns, he looks at Vinny making me frown.

"I don't need easy, nothing about any of this is easy.." I say, I can feel my nerves making my stomach flip. "I just need to do everything I can to stop this man."

"You aren't doing this alone.." Vinny grabs my hand pulling me to him, he wraps his arm around my waist.

"I'm in too, I'm always up for a party.." Cole laughs, but my mom gives him a glare making him shut up instantly.

"I will have some of my men at the party also, because I will not let my daughter go to this place with out my boys being there. I am sure the both of you could take care of her, but I don't know who this person is. I can't be to careful.." my mother crosses her arms over her chest and sets her jaw, and in this moment I can see the face of a true gang leader.

Travis's POV

Brandon, and I are sitting at the ice cream shop waiting on Ashton and the boys to show up. Since we have been sitting here I am pretty sure atleast three old couples have thought me and Brandon were in a relationship. Although we are sitting on opposite sides of eachother and look horrible. Apparently we look like a gay couple, although there is nothing wrong with that. Brandon just isn't my type, he is to moody. I laugh out loud at my thoughts, and an old woman looks at me like I have two heads.

"Man why do these old people keep staring at us?" Brandon leans over, and I almost laugh again.

"I think they think we are on a date dude.." I laugh, and soon Brandon starts laughing. The old couples continue to stare, and soon we hear the door open and find Ashton, Vinny, Dylan, and Sebastian all walking through the door.

"Guys!" Ashton yells before she nearly tackles me off of the seat. She wraps her arms around me so tightly that my wounds ache.

"Still hurts Ashton.." I manage to croak out while she continues to squeeze me fto death. She let's go, and I almost stop her not wanting her to let go. She walks over to Brandon and gives him a hug as well. There is something different about her, something has changed and I can't quite put my finger on it.

"How are you guys?" Ashton says with a smile on her face.

"Well, we still feel like shit and look like shit, but we are alive so that's all that matters." I smile back at her, I have missed her smile so much.

"You all better stay out of trouble or I will kill you myself.." She gently pushes my shoulder, before walking away to get ice cream. Vinny follows her and the boys do too.

"Travis, there's something different about Ashton.." Brandon says, and I watch her. The way she leans closer to Vinny as she looks at the different ice cream flavors. The way she stands taller, and her body isn't so tense. I look at Vinny and I can see he is the same. He hangs on to her every word, the same way I do. He holds her to him, the same way I want to. That's when it hits me..

I know what's different about Ashton..

She has gave herself to him, in every way she could.

I can feel my heart slowly shatter, I don't want to want her like this because I know I can't have her. I would be putting her in danger if I so much as admitted how I felt about her..

She loves him, and he loves her, and right now I can't deny that I am happy that she is happy despite how loud the shattering of my heart is.

"Dude, are you ok over there?" Brandon asks, noticing the drastic change in my mood.

"Yea bro, I'm good, started feeling a little weird is all." I say before the others walk back to the table and sit down.

"So, how was school?" I ask the guys.

"Well, let's just say Dakota hates Ashton even more now.." Dylan laughs, and I look over at Ashton and find her grinning.

"I kind of gave her Marcus's number, and made her think it was Vinny's, well, she asked Vinny where they were going to meet up after school and he didn't give her the time of day, instead making her shut up. And I'm pretty sure Marcus is totally waiting on her to show up. They are perfect for eachother.." she laughs, and I can't help but smile as I watch this beautiful girl be care free in front of me.

I feel my heart beat faster as I watch her tell us more about what happened, why does she do this to me..