Chapter 71

I lay in my bed, and the pillow is already soaked. I'm sure if anyone had seen the way I was sitting on Brandon they would have thought horrible things of me. I still love Vinny, and I still feel like at any moment he will lay down in bed beside me.

A soft knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts. I get out of bed, and answer the door.

"Are you alright?" Travis says leaning against the door frame.

"What do you mean?" I ask wiping my eyes as if nothing is wrong.

"Well, I came out of the bathroom and witnessed you running up the stairs crying.. and then Brandon stormed passed me grabbing his tshirt and and keys before walking out and driving away.." Travis says running a hand through his hair. It's then that I notice the fact that he is shirtless and the basketball shorts he is wearing are hanging dangerously low.

"The problem is that I am stupid.. I can't help feeling like I'm all alone just because Vinny isn't here.." I turn and sit on the edge of my bed as I feel more tears fall softly down my cheeks. Travis walks into the room, instead of sitting down beside me he gets on one knee in front of me. His body is so close that I feel like my heart has stopped.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to marry me.. but I want you to know, you are not stupid. Don't ever say you are.. and I understand you miss Vinny extremely, but darling you aren't alone at all.. I don't know what happened between you and Brandon downstairs but if he hurt you then you better tell me because-" Travis is ranting so I cut him off. And for a few moments it doesn't click with me on exactly how I cut him off.

Until he softly kisses me back.

I feel my stomach explode into a million butterflies, and there was only one other person before that truly made me feel this way.

We are interrupted by my phone ringing, I groan slightly before standing and grabbing my phone answering it.

"Ashton, I need you to send Brandon to get me from the hospital. He isn't answering my calls, our father thinks I'm probably dying right now. But he isn't as smart as he looks. I managed to get out of the room, the doctors didn't notice. And by the way I know he was trying to kill me because what he put in my IV was the same thing I witnessed him drip into unwanted people's drinks.. can you please tell Brandon to come get me."

"OK, calm dowm.. I'll try to call him and if he doesn't answer we will come get you.." I say quickly.

"Whose we?" He asks curiously, and I look over at Travis who is now standing.

"Um.. me and Travis." I hear a chuckle on the other end, before he turns serious again. "You two better not be doing the dirty.."

"Shut up. I'm hanging up the phone to call brandon. Love you bro.." I say and I hear him say it back.

I look at my phone, and then look up at Travis.

He is so much taller than me...

Ok mind go back to the problem at hand.

"I gotta call Brandon, Preston tried to kill Damian.. Damian is now hiding out in the hospital." I say before dialing Brandon's number.

It continues to ring, and soon it goes to voice-mail. I throw my phone, immediately aggravated by the fact he stormed out and now he isn't answering anyone.

"I need to get dressed we will go get him.. can you drive? Since Vinny's car is in the shop?" I ask, as I turn my back to him and slip my shirt off. I put my bra on quickly even though I know he can't see anything. I pull on one of Vinny's hoodie, and for some reason my shoulder picks now to begin throbbing.

"Um.. I.. Y-yea.. I can take you." He stumbles over the words, and for some reason I find it extremely cute.

I pull on some maternity jeans and then put on my converse. I turn back around to Travis, and notice he is having his own issues.

"I really don't see how guys get excited about seeing a pregnant girl naked. Although I wasn't fully naked.." I laugh, before walking out of my room.

"Well, in our defense you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I don't know about the others but I'm sure it's the same for them.." he says following me. "I need to change, and then we can go."

I watch as he goes past me down the stairs, and into the room he was sleeping in.

I wait for about ten minutes, and then I get tired of waiting so I barge into the room. He is standing in his boxers on the phone with his back to me. I don't say anything, and instead just look at him.

The person on the other end seems very upset, and Travis isn't having it.

"You know, I told you that I wouldn't stand in your way. But then you turn around and do this? This is the exact reason you shouldn't be with her. Because what would you do if she got mad at you and stormed off. Obviously nothing other than going and finding some easy girl and having a fun night while she lays in bed and cries! Yea don't give me that shit Brandon.. we are taking care of it. And when you get back, don't try to act like your her knight in shining armor when you went to take your frustrations out on another girl, instead of being patient with her.." he hangs up the phone, and in that moment I feel so many different emotions.

Why is it that no matter what I do something goes wrong?