Chapter 4

"What do you want Marcus?" I say answering the phone annoyed by him already.

"Ashton, it's been forever since I have seen you. How are you? Your dad said that you won't return any of his calls or messages he asked me if I could try to get ahold of you.." he says quietly, but I can tell it's not at all why he is calling.

"Marcus you may not be lying but I know it's not why you called because I know you don't give a damn about my father considering you were the one who made fun of him when you found out he was bisexual. Now spill it, before I block your number." I say calmly trying not to scream at the jerk. I hear him sigh heavily, before he clears his throat.

"Will you please come back to me?" He says in a rush, causing me to burst out laughing.

Really? Me get back with him so he can try to take my virginity then do what he did before? Hell no, I'm not that stupid.

"What happened to Chelsie? Did you guys not have a relationship when I moved away from you and the rumors you two were spreading about me?"

He goes quiet, I laugh lightly at how sad he seems.

"Bye Marcus." I hang up, and decide to get on Instagram. I start scrolling through local pictures to see some of the kids I go to school with.

As I'm scrolling I see a picture that is very familiar, but it isn't just any picture. It's a picture of me sitting at the picnic table outside of school today. The caption is what pisses me off.

@imnotDakotafanning
Aww poor baby, will mommy not take you home? I guess if you weren't so fat you could get a boyfriend to take you home 😂😂😂

I'm about to comment on it when I notice a comment from, a username is don't recognize.

@illwalkerhome99
She isn't fat she is perfect. She is also beautiful, unlike your entire existence. You make me 😷🤒 oh and you need to get your hair redyed I can see your roots 💇🙈💅

I can't help but laugh at the comment. I click on the username deciding I should start following them on Instagram. When I click on the profile, Brandon pops up and I almost gasp at his pictures. In almost every picture, he is showing off a dazzling smile and his shirtless torso. I then realize he has multiple tattoos. I press the follow button and the go back to the picture of me. Before I know it I have already, commented on it and what I wrote surprises me.

@iknowAshtonkutcher143
Aww, thanks handsome. I'm glad someone notices how some aren't born with natural beauty like me🙊💁💪

I can't believe I just commented that. I sigh locking the screen, and going down stairs. I walk into the kitchen, looking for a snack. As I'm going to pull out a pop tart from the pantry, I hear my mom walking in the door. I turn and find her eyes red. She must have heard from dad, it still hurts her everyday. But as much as I want to be there for her, I can't bring my self to do it. I don't like letting people in, when you let people in you get hurt. But I know my mom would never hurt me, atleast not intentionally.

"You ok mom?" I say hesitantly, she looks on the verge of tears again. She opens her purse, pulling out her car keys. She reaches out her hand and hands me her keys.

"I need some alone time Sweetheart, can you maybe go to the gym, or mall and spend some time while I try to let it all out" she whimpers. I watch her walk upstairs and into her bedroom. I decide that I could use some time at the gym. Luckily the gym I went to in my old town is state wide and there is one also right down the road.

I run upstairs, and into my room to change into my workout clothes. I pull on some Adidas sweat pants with an old tshirt I turned into a crop top. I slip on my running shoes, and take the stairs two at a time. I grab a water bottle and my head phones, along with my mom's car keys. When I'm out of the drive way I turn the radio all the way up, I sling along to Ed Sheeran.

It seems like less than five minutes and I'm already walking into the gym. I got to a corner after turning on my music and start stretching.

After about an hour of running and doing squats I feel the heat radiating off of my body. I slowly work my way over to the mirror where the weights are located.

I look at my reflection, and think back to the picture Dakota took of me, and her comment about me being fat. Well, I'm not skinny but I do have a flat stomach with a slight six pack it's my chest and butt region that make people call me fat. I have always be blessed in those departments but at a young age I decide that in order to stay in a healthy thickness I needed to make sure those parts of my body were toned.

I slowly realize that I am being stared at, but before I can look my phone buzzes. I look down at the screen seeing a text.

Brandon: so I decided to come to the gym, to get my mind off this girl I just met and who do I see when I get there 😉

I turn around to see Brandon, and the three guys he was with earlier. He smiles at me making me blush, as he starts walking towards me.

"Well, well, well if it isn't my new found friend?" He grins at me.

"Sorry, for being a distraction. I was just about to leave." I lie, trying my best not to look embarrassed.

Wait, why am I embarrassed?

"No reason to leave Ash, I don't mind someone to keep me company" he says still grinning.

"OK, but what about your friends they look lost." I say looking over at the three guys still standing where he left them.

"They will be fine, I have a room in the back where we all workout. You can join us, you up for it?" He says, sounding hopeful. I simply nod, causing him to grin from ear to ear.