Chapter 37

I roll over and realize I am laying in someone's arms. I look up to find Vinny fast asleep, I smile at myself. Last night was amazing, but I need to get up and get dressed and go back in to my room before my mom wakes up. It's probably about four in the morning and my mom gets up at five, the last thing I need is for her to find out that I lost my virginity the one time she let's my boyfriend stay over.

When I finally get in my room I decide that there is no point in trying to go back to sleep. I can't stop smiling at myself, I feel different, I feel as if my skin is glowing in every spot he has touched me. Which is pretty much everywhere.

I decide to take another quick shower, this time remembering my towel. When I get out of the shower I blow dry my hair and straighten it. I go into my closet and pull out a white tank top, and some light blue skinny jeans. I get dressed then decide to pull on a baby blue flannel but leave it unbuttoned. I put on my white vans, and grab my phone.

I check the time, and it's almost time for my mom to wake up. I notice I have a couple messages. I open them up and I don't recognize the number.

Unknown: I told you to leave them alone.

Unknown: you didn't listen.. next time I won't be as kind.

I read the messages over and over again. This can't be real, the fight happened over a girl? Who is this and why do they keep texting me. I decide to wait till Vinny wakes up to show him. Instead I go down stairs, and start making breakfast. As I am flipping some chocolate chip pancakes, I hear my mom walking into the kitchen. She starts the coffee pot, before she turns and looks at me.

"You're up early, and making breakfast. Is it the end of the world?" She tries to joke, I laugh as I plate the pancakes and pour more batter into the pan.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to make breakfast." I smile at her, I have really talked to my mom since I found out that I had a brother. "Why didn't you tell me about him mom?" I ask quietly.

"Honestly Ashton, I didn't want you to know about him, because before now I didn't want you anywhere near that gang. I thought I would never see my son again,  and when I got pregnant with you I knew I couldn't be around that man anymore-" she stops herself from finishing what she was saying but the truth was already out there.

"What are you saying mom?" I ask, but I already know the answer.

"Damian isn't your half brother.. he is your blood brother. Your father is the one they call Boss. Your father's name is James Preston.." I can see the pain in her eyes as she admits this.

"So I'm the gang leaders daughter?" I laugh dryly, well isn't this ironic.

She nods looking at the floor. I finish making the pancakes, and set the table before walking upstairs to wake Vinny up, leaving my mother alone in the kitchen. I don't knock on the door as I barge in.

"Jesus, babe, I thought you were your mother for a second.." Vinny says covering himself, he is still naked but was in the process of getting dressed. I blush slightly, noticing his back as he turns around. He has scratch marks everywhere, and my stomach bursts into a million butterflies as I remember last night. When he finally is finished getting dressed, he walks over and kisses me on the cheek.

"I'm so thankful we were eachothers first time." He whispers in my ear, and I can't hide the smile from my face. I kiss him gently on the lips, and let him finish getting ready. When we walk down to the kitchen my mom is already gone. I feel bad for talking to her the way I did, but she kept me in the dark this whole time.

"I made breakfast" I tell Vinny as he sits down at the table.

"Chocolate Chip pancakes?! You are seriously the most amazing girl in the world Ashton Niko!" He smiles at me, and I realize that I truly do love this boy. Yes we may have just got together, but it just feels right. We both dig in to the pancakes, before we clean up and leave for school. We get in to his car, and we head for the school.

He turns the radio on, soon we hear Bruno Mars flowing through the speakers. Vinny quickly starts singing along making my heart flutter.

"Cause girl your amazing! Just the way you are!" He holds his hand out for me to take, so I entwine my fingers with his. When we pull into the school parking lot we find Dylan and Sebastian waiting on us. I jump out after we park and run up to the boys and give both of them a hug, they both laugh as they look at me funny.

"You ok Niko?" They both say in unison, and I nod while smiling.

"Bro, what did you do to her?" Sebastian asks Vinny, and Vinny just smiles.

"I had a great night boys, and I slept wonderfully. Be glad, I could be in a bad mood if you would rather have that?" I wink at the boys, making Vinny laugh.

Vinny puts his arm around my shoulders as we walk into the school. As we walk in there are multiple eyes on Vinny, and I smirk as they all roll their eyes at me. I look up at Vinny, and find him smiling at me.

"So our first class is Cole's?"

"Yep, it's also the same class as two blonde bimbos. So beware, I might have to put some people in check." I laugh.

"Look baby girl, I know how you are I don't plan on getting in your way. My girl is bad.." he says winking at me, and making my heart beat faster.