Chapter 30

Damian's POV

"Turn right here, there is an apartment on the right next to the convenience store." I tell the kid I now know as Brandon. He turns slowly, before he comes to a stop in front of the apartment.

"Well Paisley, welcome home. It's not much but it's completely paid for and you don't have to do anything for it. I will take care of the bills, and furniture and anything you may need. Just try to get a job at this store, and then you can slowly start buying the stuff you may want but won't ask for." I say looking at her in the back seat.

"Can we look inside?" She asks, I nod and get out of the car.

We walk up the stairs, and I unlock the door to the apartment that hid me when he would get abusive. I saved up all the money he would give me to keep quiet and put it towards this apartment. It's not a shabby apartment, it's a two bedroom that came somewhat furnished. I am going to let her choose more feminine furnishings if she would like though.

"See its kind of masculine, you can decorate how ever you would like. You have everything you need here though, and I'll get you a phone so you can call me when you need anything-"

"You don't have to be this nice to me.. I can repay you once I get a job.." she says, cutting me off.

"I don't want you to repay me, you deserve to have a place to call your own. And you need a cell phone in order to get a job." I smile softly at her and she blushes sweetly.

"Thank you!" She says running up to me and wrapping her thin arms around my broad frame. I can feel her tears soaking into my shirt.

"Hey now, no crying, and you don't have to thank me. Just take the keys, and come with me so I can get you a phone." I say giving her my best smile. She nods, and we walk back out the door. When we get in the car, Brandon pops up from his laying position, and starts the car without a word.

"Where to now boss?" He says looking at the road.

"First off, don't call me Boss, because I am nothing like my father. And secondly, we need to go to the phone store." I look out the window as we fly down the road.

A few moments later and we are standing inside the phone store looking for a phone for Brandon and Paisley. Brandon is looking at all the simple black galaxy's where as Paisley is looking at a bright blue touch screen. I walk over to her, and watch her as she eyes the phone. It's only a couple hundred dollars, but I can tell it makes her uncomfortable. She walks away and instead starts looking at all the cheap throw away phones. I walk over to the help desk and order one of the blue phones and also order one of the newest galaxy phones for Brandon. I pay the bill and grab the bag from the cashier.

"You guys ready?" I look at the two, and they both nod. When we get out to the car I hand Brandon his new phone after I sync all of his data that isn't tracked onto the new phone. I then pull out the bright blue touch screen and set up the prepaid uncrackable number. I hand the phone to Paisley and her face lights up.

"I've never had a phone like this! Thank you so much!" She jumps between the seats and wraps her arms around my neck. I can't help but smile at the girl as she wipes her eyes from crying tears of joy.

"I already saved my number in there so you can reach me anytime. Now Brandon we have to go to a house, I have to meet someone. I'll put the address in the GPS." He nods as I type the address in. He doesn't pay attention to the address as he starts driving. It takes about half an hour to Get to the location. When we pull into the driveway there are about three other cars already in it.

"Why are we here?" Brandon asks, his voice weary.

"Someone I need to meet lives here.." I say as I slip out of the car and start walking towards the house.

"Are you sure about this? Who is it if you don't mind me asking?" Brandon says almost walking in front of me as if to block me from something.

"Don't worry about it.." I say as I push past him and knock on the door. I hear a bunch of foot steps before the door flies open and a girl that is probably 17 or 18 answers the door, but the craziest part is that she looks exactly like me.

"Can I help you?" She looks past me and notices Brandon behind me. "Brandon? What are you doing here?"

"Um, I'm here to see Adalia? Is she here by chance?" I ask, trying to be a gentleman.

"Yes, give me just a second." She turns, and walks towards some stairs. "Mom! Someone is here to see you!"

My heart constricts as she turns back around, and looks dead at me.

"What's your name?" She asks, giving me a small smile.

"My name is Damian Preston-" I start to say but get cut off as I see her.

"Damian is it really you?" The woman walking up behind the girl is crying as she stands beside her.

"Yes momma, it's really me.." I can't help but let the tears fall as she pulls me into the most comforting hug I have ever had. She cries with me as she holds me against her.

"I never thought I would ever get to see you again.." she pulls back, and looks over at the girl. "Ashton, I never told you this, but this is your brother Damian.." the girl looks between us before she falls to the floor.

"Oh my God is she ok?" Multiple people rush to her side, and so do I as I realize she also has a bandage on her head.

I can't believe I found my family.