Chapter 51

When we get back to my house, we carry everything inside. It's already starting to get dark outside.

"Vinny I think I left the onesies in the car.." I say looking through the bags.

"I'll go get them baby." He turns to walk back out, but turns towards me first, "I love you Ashton.."

"I love you too Vinny." I say smiling.

He turns and walks out of my room, and I know it's sad but I miss him already. I take stuff out of the bags and place it on my bed. I hear my mom walk into my room.

"Hey honey, how did it go last night?" She asks.

"I didn't get the information, I did have a run in with Marcus though.." I say not wanting to remember. She is about to say something when we both hear something loud. It sounds like gunshots.

I can't breath, I feel my chest tighten as I run downstairs. My mom is right behind me with her phone to her ear already. I run outside and almost fall to the ground as I watch the black car drive away. I look at the body on the ground and I can't stop the scream from escaping my throat.

I run over to Vinny, and fall beside him. There are multiple bullet wounds and I can't put pressure against all of them. I put my hand against the one on his chest. He looks up at me, and I can see the pain in his eyes.

"Vinny hang in there help is coming baby.. please hang in there.." I cry, he wipes the tears away from my eyes and it makes more fall. He pulls me down to him, and puts something in my hand. I look down quickly and notice a ring. I start to cry even more.

"Ashton, you are mine, my girl. Do you understand that?" He whispers in my ear, I hold my hand against the bullet wound. His eyes roll back, and my tears cover his shirt.

I will always be his girl.

I cry out, and scream as I try to do everything I can to bring him back, It's no use. My mom comes to my side, and holds me, but I pull away from her trying to get him to come back.

"Vinny you can't do this! Please!! You have to be here for your baby! You have to be there when they are born.. please don't leave me!" I scream, and soon I hear the sound of the ambulance. I also hear tires screech as they come to a halt and I see Cole running towards us, Vinny's dad is right behind him along with his mom. I can't let go of Vinny, it's not physically possible. Cole grabs me pulling me away, and I fight him as best I can before giving in and crying.

"He will never get to meet our baby.." I cry into Cole's chest, I can hear him crying as well.

"It's going to be ok Ashton.." Cole whispers, and I can't believe him. Not when the man I love is dead.

Travis's POV

I wake up to my phone going crazy, I roll over and pick it up. I have 10 missed calls, all of them are from Ashton's mom. I call her back confused.

"Hello? What's wrong Mrs Niko?" I ask, and all I hear is crying before she finally speaks up.

"They killed Vinny.." she cries, and my heart drops. "Travis.. Ashton is pregnant with his child.."

I can't hear anything as I drop my phone. I throw on some clothes and shoes before running out of my room and banging on all three doors. Dylan, Brandon and Sebastian all come out slowly. They notice my face and immediately get dressed.

When they all come back out, they all start to ask what's wrong but I cut them off.

"Someone killed Vinny.." I say, and I can't believe the words as they come out of my mouth.

"What? No way.." Sebastian says quietly.

"Where is Ashton?" Dylan says.

"We need to get over there now." Brandon says, but I stop them.

"He was going to be a father.." I say, I feel tears prick my eyes.

"No.." They all say. We all leave quickly, and rush to Ashton's house.

When we pull up, I see everyone in the yard as the ambulance drivers covers his body before lifting him into the ambulance. I see his parents crying against eachother, I see Ashton's mom on the ground crying.

I look at Ashton, she is holding something in her hands as she cries. Cole has his arms around her, I can see the tears streaming down his face. I walk over to Ashton, and she looks up at me before opening her hands and showing me what she is holding. I feel my heart shatter as I look at the engagement ring that he would have put on her finger. I see Cole look down as well, and I fall to me knees in front of her pulling her to me. She cries even harder, I hold my arms tightly around her not wanting to let her go.

"Why did they have to do this?.." she cries, and I just want to make everything better for her. I hear Brandon and the boys walk up and they all get on their knees and make a circle around her. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks, and I don't bother wiping them away.

Even though I wanted to be with Ashton, I knew he was what was best for her. He would have made a great father, he was going to do the right thing and marry her. Now she will have to live with knowing that the man she loved was taken away when she needed him most.

I can't let her do this alone. I won't do this just because I love her. I will take care of her and be there for her whenever she needs me.

I will do this for him.