Chapter 51.5

Vinny's POV

I walk out of Ashton's house, and I'm so nervous. I bought the ring at the mall while she thought I had went to the bathroom. It's gorgeous, just like her. I'm not asking her to marry me just because of the baby, I'm asking her because I know I want to be with her forever. I walk to my car and open the trunk, I grab the little box from my bag. I can't believe I am going to do this, I hope she doesn't say no. I close the trunk and open the door to grab the onesies. I decide to take the ring out of the box so I can hide it better. I begin to put it in my pocket when I hear something behind me.

I turn around and see a car parked against the sidewalk. I immediately begin to get closer to my trunk, I really should keep my gun on me, but I've never had to use it. I watch as the window rolls down on the driver side.  I look at the man sitting in the car, and I know what is going to happen.

Whatever you do Ashton please don't come outside.

"Why are you here Allen?" I say, not showing how scared I am. He laughs, and looks me up and down.

"Some people don't like you being with her, Black, your family is nothing but cowards."

"I don't care what people like, and my family are not cowards. Now tell me why you are here?" I say one last time bracing myself for the inevitable. I click the button to open my trunk, and he laughs.

"You should really keep your gun on you boy.. didn't the gang teach you anything?" He laughs, and begins to lift his gun up to the window. "Say hello to little brother for us.."

"I love you Ashton.." I whisper, and soon I feel the bullets tear into my body. I try to grab for my gun, but there is to much. I fall to the ground, and I can hear the house door fly open. I hear Ashton scream before she runs over to me. She places her hand on my chest over the bullet wound, I want to tell her it's no use. I hold her to me one last time, and slip the ring into her hand. The ring I'll never get to slip on her finger.

I want to cry, because I'll never meet my baby. But I know I'll always be with them. Take care of my girl boys.

"Ashton, you are mine, my girl. Do you understand that?" Is the last thing I get to say to her before it all starts to go dark.

Goodbye Ashton..