Chapter 67

I look around at the tiny room I am in, it's dusty, and smells of mold. I am sitting in the corner of the room, trying to hide.

I know they will find me, but as I pull my knees up and wrap my arms around them I still let myself think they won't find me. I turned the phone off as soon as I sent the text to Travis. When I called Brandon I was hiding in the trees off the side of the road. They hit Cole with a gun, and dragged Paisley out of her car. She broke her arm in the wreck, but she was still looking for me too.

Damian had came to find me, and he tried to stop her.. It wasn't good enough, she had her people on their way. And to think of all that Damian done for her, and she does this.

Why does she want to do this..

I hear voices on the other side of the door of the tiny room, and I want to find someone better to hide. The only thing in the room is a broken bed, there isn't even windows.

I see something small, and sharp looking laying on the floor under the bed. I run over quickly, and grab it. It's a small piece of metal that probably broke off of the bed. I feel the edges, sure enough the metal is sharp enough to do damage if I wanted it too. I slide it into my hoodie pocket, and hide my phone back inside my bra so they don't find it. The door burst open, causing me to jump back against the wall.

A tall muscular man walks in, and I instantly recognize him.

"You killed Vinny you sick fuck." I say, anger over powering any other emotion in my body. He laughs darkly at my reaction slowly walking towards me.

"You are quite the girl if I do say so myself.. no wonder Marcus has it so bad for you, even though my darling Dakota wants him. Maybe I can drop them both and just take you.." he whispers as he pins me against the wall. I bring my knee up as hard as I can but it only makes him laugh harder.

"Please let me go.. I haven't done anything.. why do you need me.." I say feeling fresh tears prick me eyes, he presses his body firmly against mine. I squirm trying to get free, but he doesn't budge.

"I want to have a little fun with you before your father shows up, wouldn't want daddy to ruin the fun now would we?" He gives me a twisted smirk, and I feel the familiar lurch in my stomach. He leans his face down to kiss me, and I let it all out.

I hear him begin to gag as he coughs, I look down at myself and see that I have ruined my hoodie. I don't care at the moment as I see an opportunity, I run past him as he continues to gag and spit. He doesn't notice me, and I make it out of the room. I look around the dark hallway and run to the left. I run as fast and as far as I can. I have no idea where I am going due to them putting a bag over my head when they brought me here. I turn down another hallway, and then I find an open door. I can see a parking lot, before I can run for it I hear heavy footsteps behind me. I run as fast as I can, and soon I slip out of the door. I don't close it in hopes he won't think I went this way.

The parking lot is huge, but luckily there is a bus stop in front. I see a bus letting people on, and I run for it. As soon as I reach the bus I hear the door of the building slam. I run onto the bus, and the driver closes the door behind me. I watch as he runs at the bus, luckily the bus pulls away before he can get to me. The driver doesn't ask me to pay, he looks at how distraught I am and simply nods his head at me. I pull out my phone and turn it on, I really hope Brandon is close..

I dial his number, and I begin to think he isn't going to answer.

"Ashton! Please tell me you are ok?! I'm coming for you!" He yells into the phone, I begin to sob and tell him that I am on a bus. "Where is the bus going?"

"I think it's going a few blocks away from the high school.. meet me at the high school please.." I cry into the phone, he begins trying to calm me down.

"Ashton, it's going to be alright I promise.. I have someone hear that wants to talk to you. Actually a couple people but this one comes first.." I hear him talking to someone before I hear another voice.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there to keep you safe beautiful.." I here Travis breaking down on the other end. And I am overcome with so much emotion that all I can do is cry.

"T-travis.. your D-dad.. h-he tried to hurt me..." I sob into the phone. I hear something shatter on the other end, before he comes back to the phone.

"I'll see you soon.. we will be waiting on you at the high school." He says, anger clear in his voice.

"Thank you.. I r-really need you right now.." I cry even more as I say the words.

"I know I'm going to make sure no one ever touches you again." He pauses, as if fighting his next words. "I'll don't expect you to say it back.. but.. I love you.. I want you to know that.."

I suck in a breath, and I feel my heart break slightly. Instead of replying I hang up as I lean against the seat I am sitting in.