Chapter 23

Brandon's POV

I wake up, with a migraine as someone pounds on my bedroom door. I jump up to answer the door, and find Travis standing outside my room.

"Dude can you please put some clothes on?" Travis says covering his eyes. That's when I realize I am completely naked. "Please don't tell me you did what I think you did last night.." Travis trails off as he pushes past me, and walks into my room. I look back at my bed, and see a girl who I don't recognize wrapped up in my covers. I was really drunk last night, I needed to forget about Ashton for a little while. And I guess it kind of worked.

"Dude, you said you wanted to be with Ashton? But here you are screwing girls that you probably don't even know their names.." Travis is fuming as he flips on the lights, and rips the covers off of the girl. She slowly stirs, but he isn't having it.

"Get the fuck up!!" He yells, making me jump. I pull on my boxers quickly, and try to get him away from the girl on the bed.

"Bro! Calm down!" I yell pulling him away from my bed. He pushes me back, and I have honestly never seen Travis this angry.

"Don't tell me to calm down! You drug Ashton into this shit, just to give up and start sleeping with random girls?! Dude, if I had the slightest chance with her I wouldn't take it, because I know what happens when you bring a girl into the gang! I love Ashton, she is my friend and now her life is at stake, while you go around fucking everything!" Travis yells, I see the girl scramble around for her clothes and run out of the room as Travis has me pinned against the wall.

"Dude, I didn't mean to drag her into this! I do have feelings for her! I may not completely understand them but I do care for her.. I won't let him hurt her!"

Before I can block his fist I feel it connect with my face. He hits me again, but he gets pulled away before he can do it a third time. Sebastian and Dylan have him held back.

"What the hell is going on here guys?!" Dylan yells, looking between Travis and I.

"Some people need to grow the fuck up.." Travis spits out, before storming out of the room. A few seconds later we hear the front door slam, and then we hear him peel out of the driveway.

"Dude, you fucked up.." Sebastian says, breaking the silence.

"Yea, I know I did, but it's not my fault.." I defend, wiping the blood from my nose.

"Travis has a point, if you would have left her alone the day you met her neither one of you would be in this mess. But I'm glad I met Ashton, so you are only slightly off the hook. But there is one rule from now on." Dylan gives me a stern look, "do not drag her in this anymore than you already have.. Boss already knows about her, and he will not stop now.. we can't let him get to her." Dylan walks out of the room, leaving me and Sebastian alone.

"What am I going to do man?" I say sliding down the wall onto the floor.

"You know maybe Xavier Black's offer isn't so bad.." Sebastian says, squatting down in front of me.

"He will kill us and them if we try to leave the gang.." I whisper. I feel weak, I feel like I can't protect the only person I want to.

Travis's POV

I slam down the shot glass, as I feel the liquid burn my throat. I'm in the Basement, which is a bar that also holds fights. Most of the gangs come here to bargain, but they also come here to make a stand. Today I am here to meet a source, they know some stuff that could help me take Boss down. Since that day Xavier Black spoke to us I have been sending messages to him. We are trying to work together to take Boss down.

I am also trying to get my mind off of Ashton. She didn't ask to be brought into this, but Brandon couldn't keep his hands off of her. And now my work is in jeopardy, I have been in this gang for a long time, and for the past five years I have been trying to take it down. I look young enough where I could forge my way into high school. I am actually twenty three years old, when I first joined the gang Boss believed I was younger he still does.

This is also the way I am going to take him down. I am working with two other gangs, they are using me to find his weak points. And today I may have found a big one, but Brandon is going to screw it up if he doesn't get his act together. The girl he had in his bed belonged to another gang, I recognized her from a party Boss made us go to. That gang is actually our ally, but if they find out Brandon is sleeping with their girls we are all fucked.

I may have lost my temper earlier, but I am trying to save us from eventually being killed. I don't really like the thought of Vinny being around Ashton, but she is much safer with him. Xavier promised to protect her, and so did Vinny. I hope my source is correct, and the information they give me is accurate.

I run my hands through my shaggy hair, the stress is making me feel so much older than I am. Damn it, why couldn't I have just been a good kid.

"Why hello, I didn't think I would meet you here.." I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn to find a curvy woman beside me, and she looks a lot like Ashton.

"Mrs Niko?"