Chapter 16

"Thank you Mr an Mrs Black, I have had so much fun. And those brownies were to die for!" I say as Vinny walks me to the door with his parents.

"Oh, sweetie please come by any time! I'm so glad my son finally found a girlfriend, this is the first time I have ever seen him this happy."

"Ma! She isn't my girlfriend! I mean not that I don't want you to be.. but.. um.." Vinny stammer. I can't help but smile, as he gets flustered.

"We are just friends Mrs Black, but maybe one day we will be more let's just see how this goes. Thank you again for dinner, I'll definitely be back." I say as I turn and walk out the door with Vinny behind me.

"Well my parents love you, I'm sorry about her assuming that you were my girlfriend.." he hangs his head down as he walks beside me down the sidewalk towards my house.

"It's ok, honestly, I don't think it would be such a bad thing.."

"Oh really?" He gives me a smirk.

"Yea, but don't take that as me wanting a relationship right now.. because with the way my life is going lately I really can't handle a relationship.." I say trying not to think about Brandon, Travis canceled on me because his boss is making them go out of town last minute but promised we would hang when he got back. Marcus tried to call me earlier, but I had my phone on silent but he left a voice mail. I haven't answered it, and honestly I am afraid to.

"No, I understand entirely Ashton. I am a very patient man if you can't already tell. But I believe good things come to those who wait. But I was also wanting to know if you wanted to go camping with me and my family this weekend?" He looks up at me and my stomach bursts with butterflies.

The way he looks at me is as if I am the only woman he will ever want or need.

"I mean like you will have your own room, or tent, if you want to sleep outside with the guys. My ma and female cousins all sleep in the cabin. While all the men sleep closer to the lake, I guess the girls don't like not being in warm beds." He rubs the back of his neck as he rambles on.

"I love camping! But I don't like being in a tent by myself, let's just say I get creeper out easily. So we can share if you want, as long as there isn't any funny business." I say pushing him slightly. He smiles a genuine smile, and continues to walk me home.

When we get to my driveway I stop dead in my tracks. Sitting on my front steps is Marcus, but it is the person behind him that makes me want to turn and run the other way.

My dad is standing behind him, wearing a suit. He got a job as an accountant, and is making very good money. Honestly I would have much rather went without seeing either of them.

"Who is that Ashton?" Vinny looks defensive, as if he is going to fight them the second they lay eyes on me.

"Um, that's my dad and ex boyfriend. Why they are here I have no idea. But um, can we go back to your house before they see us?" I ask trying to back up, so I can walk the other way. My mom still isn't home, so I know this wouldn't go over well.

"Let's see why they are here? And if they try to start anything, all I gotta do is hit one button on my phone and my car will be here in less than a second with my cousin driving. And your dad and ex won't be anywhere near you got it?" He says sternly, calming my nerves slightly.

We walk towards my house, causing both men to look up at me. They both start to smile, but Marcus turns confused when he sees the tall blue tipped dark haired boy walking beside me.

"Ashton, honey I have missed you so much.." my dad says walking towards me, but I cut him off.

"Why are you guys here?" I say, trying to remain calm.

"We came to bring you home.. where you are meant to be. Back to me, where I can give you everything.." Marcus says, earning a laugh from Vinny.

"And what makes you think she wants to be with you? You look like a Douche to me.. and I'm gonna assume you are an ex for a reason." Vinny looks Marcus up and down, clearly not affected by the guy who is trying to get me.

"For your information kid, Ashton still loves me and her dad. It's none of your business why we aren't together. All that matters is that she needs to come back with us." Marcus is getting aggravated, but when Marcus tries step forward I stand in front of Vinny.

"Move babe, this boy needs to be taught a lesson.." Marcus says, making my dad laugh and Vinny chuckles.

"Sorry Marcus but I'm not going to let you call my daughter babe just because you told me where she lives. And don't think I don't know what you done to her and said about me." My dad says standing between us and Marcus.

"Mr Niko, we have gotten past that. Come on I just need to make it right.."

I feel movement behind me as Vinny steps around me and my dad.

"Boy, you ain't making anything right. She doesn't want you and she clearly wants you to leave so you can either do as I say or I'll make you." Vinny looks like a different person right now. His muscles are visible in his back as he restrains himself.

"What did she finally give it up? Let me ask was her virginity worth a fight?" Marcus says as he swings, but Vinny is much quicker.

Everything erupts as I hear a loud crack.