Chapter 55

Cole's pov

I check my phone, she hasn't responded to any of my messages. Her phone may be dead, but currently I am worried. I walk out of her house and get into my car. I have been pretty much living at her house since the day Vinny was murdered. I haven't left her side unless Travis shows up, then I only leave long enough to tend to the gang and find out what ever I possibly can about who killed Vinny.

It has taken it's toll on me, when I found out about Ashton being pregnant I realized I couldn't have feelings for her anymore. I shut them off and I was happy for them. When I walked into Ashton's yard that day and saw the kid that I considered my brother lying on the ground, I fell to pieces. Knowing that he would never get to be the man he wanted to be for Ashton and their baby. She hasn't talked to me since she went to the doctor, although I was gone that entire day. She has been very distant, I understand why..

I remind her of Vinny.

She doesn't realize how hard it is when she pushes me away, it makes me want to be closer to her because it makes me feel like I am losing Vinny all over again.

She hasn't even told me if the baby is doing ok..

I begin to start my car when I see her pull into her driveway beside me. I jump out of my car and run up to her as she gets out of the car. I wrap my arms around her and I can't help but feel my heart skip a beat as she hugs me back. It doesn't last though she soon pushes me off.

"Ashton, I haven't seen you hardly at all in a week. Can you atleast tell me the baby is ok?" I say, I can't keep my eyes from watering I really don't feel very manly right now but lately I have cried more that a normal person so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

"Correction.. Babies." She says pulling out the ultrasound pictures from her pocket. I look down at the pictures, and see two little figures on the paper. I can't help but smile at the picture, I look up at Ashton and I see a faint smile on her face.

"When will you find out what you are having?" I ask quietly, and she looks down at the ground.

"In about two months.. you can come if you want, Brandon and Travis came to the first one. I didn't really want to be alone.." she whispers, and I pull her into my arms again. She doesn't fight it, I don't hug her as I would if she was the only one in this, I hug her as if I was hugging Vinny too. I smile at her when she pulls away, she wipes her eyes as I hand her the picture.

"Thank you Cole.." she says, her hair falling in to her face. I push it behind her ear, and she jerk away from me her mood changing entirely. She huffs and walks past me.

"Ashton wait!" I say trying to stop her.

"You aren't Vinny! Don't touch me like you are Cole!" She yells, I stop immediately her words hitting home. She realizes how bad her words affected me, and her eyes soften as if she is trying to apologize. Instead she continues into the house, I slowly walk in behind her. I hear her footsteps running up the stairs, and I don't follow her. Instead I go and sit in the living room. Her mom is sitting there as well, although she is on the phone most likely talking to the members of her gang.

I pull out my phone and text Ashton.

Me: I'm not leaving you. No matter what you say to me, he wouldn't want me to leave your side. I'm not going to.

I put my phone back in my pocket, before I walk upstairs and go into the spare room and lay down as I let the tears fall. Vinny took so much with him when he died, he took all my strength with him.

Ashton's POV

I throw my phone on the bed, and run into the bathroom. Everything in my stomach leaves instantly, I don't have time to move my hair and start to cry when I realize Vinny isn't here holding my hair back and helping me through this. I strip out of my clothes and get into the shower. I wash my hair and don't care as I scrub harshly against the scalp. I look down at my stomach and notice a faint mark below my bellybutton. My bump looks bigger from this angle, and I realize that I have my first stretch mark. I begin to sob, and I can't hold in my emotions as I drop to the floor of my shower. I cry as hard as my body will let me, my hand doesn't leave my stomach. I hear someone open the door, but I don't care that I'm laying in my shower naked.

"Ashton?" I hear a voice say, and for the slightest moment it sounds exactly like Vinny. I cover myself with the curtain as I look out of the shower tears still streaming down my face. I find Cole standing in the door way.

"I'm fine Cole.." I choked out, he isn't fazed as he throws me the towel and after I wrap it around my body he sits his phone down before he manages to sit down in the tub beside me. He pulls me in to his arms as the water continues to beat down. I feel his body also shaking, and I realize now why he didn't turn the water off. I lean my head on his shoulder as we both let the tears flow freely.

Soon I feel him turn the water off, and I feel myself being lifted out of the shower. I can't see hardly, as I'm slowly drifting in and out of sleep. I feel him put another towel around my hair after he lays me down on my bed.

I feel something soft against the skin on my temple before I hear him walk away and close my door as he leaves.