Chapter 11

I stare at the person in front of me, confused at who they think they are. I look at the guy, he is about three inches taller than me with black hair that is spiky with blue tips. He is very handsome, and he is wearing a black leather jacket with a black tank top under it and black ripped jeans. He gives me a dazzling smile.

"Can I help you?" I say eyeing him suspiciously.

"Oh where are my manners, my name is Vincent Black. You can call me Vinny, I just moved down the street. I saw you coming home earlier. I think you know my cousin, considering he was the one that brought you home." He smiles at me while he runs a hand through his hair. I watch him closely, he is probably about the same age as me.

"It's nice to meet you Vinny, my name is Ashton. So are you going to be going to the same school?" I say being polite, he seems nice, but considering the way Mr Jacobs is I am being stand offish.

"Yea, it my last year so I'm going to finish. So can I come in and get to know you? I promise I won't be anything less than a gentleman." I nod letting him in and walking to the kitchen and sitting at the island.

"So how long have you lived here?" He says to me while he sits across from me.

"About a month, it's my senior year as well. Today was my second day in the new school, and already getting sent home."

"Yea, that's what my cousin told me. Said you beat the crap out of some dumb girl." He laughs, "he also told me you were very beautiful, didn't think you would be this beautiful though."

"Thanks, so what brought you here?" I ask him, to get him off the topic of me.

"My cousins dad, aka my uncle got my dad a job, and said he could recruit me too.."

"Oh what kind of work does they do?" Before he can answer me his phone buzzes, he gets a scared look on his face before he stands.

"I gotta go, um, don't tell my cousin I was here ok?"

"Uh, ok so I guess I'll see you at school?" I watch him walk to the door.

"Oh babe, you can see me anytime you want. Don't just wait till school" he walks out the front door with a wink. I close the door and walk back up to my room and check the time. I have two hours before Brandon comes to pick me up. I decide to take a shower and change clothes.

Before I get in the shower I look at my self in the mirror. Why do people keep calling me beautiful? I sigh, why am I even thinking about this. Why do I even care, I'm just setting myself up to be hurt.

After I get out of the shower, I walk into my bedroom with just a towel around me.

"Well, um maybe I should have waited for you downstairs.." I hear and eerily familiar voice say. I look up to find Marcus sitting on the edge of my bed. My jaw ticks, not even caring about the fact that I am practically naked in front of the guy that cheated on me.

"What in the he'll are you doing here Marcus?" I say quietly.

Why can I not get a break?

"I came to see you, I was drunk the last time we talked.. um, as much as I would like to see you without the towel can you please put some clothes on? I can't think straight." Before I realize what I am doing I have already walked over to him smacked him across his cheek.

"How dare you think that after what you done you could come find me and  think it would be alright to just talk. And then make that comment?" I go to smack him again, but before I can he grabs my wrists pushing me up against my wall. He leans his forehead against mine, closing his eyes.

"I know what I did to you was horrible, and everyday I regret it. But Ash please, I need you to be with me.. I regret what happened between us everyday. I love you Ashton Olivia Niko.." he crashes his lips down on mine. For a moment, I go back to how life was before he cheated, before my mom and I caught my dad cheating. Before I turned emotionless. I feel a tear escape, as I pull my hand free and push him away from me.

"Marcus get out.. please just leave me alone..." I slide down the wall onto the floor, I can feel the hot tears falling down my cheeks. I open my eyes to find Marcus on his knees in front of me.

"Ashton, baby, I know it's hard but I'll be here no matter what give it time. I'll wait for you.." he says standing to his feet and walking out of my room. I hear my mom saying something to him, before she walks into my room. She finds me crumpled on the floor still in the towel with tears streaming down my face.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry I shouldn't have let him in.." she says pulling me into her chest. I can feel my chest pulling, it feels like the pain I should have felt the night I found him with my best friend. It feels like how I should have felt when my parents got divorced. I cry even harder.

"It's ok sweetheart, it will be ok.." she whispers holding me tighter. I feel like the tears won't stop falling.

"Mom, why did I have to let it happen? Why wasn't I good enough?" I didn't realize that until now none of these things bothered me, but I guess everyone has to break down sometimes.

I hear my phone alert me that I have a text.

I pull away from my mom and she helps me stand up. My eyes are red and puffy causing my face to look blotchy.

"Honey, I'm gonna go into my office for a little bit, I have some work I need to do, if you need me just yell for me ok? I love you sweetheart." She kisses me on the forehead. I walk over to my bed and pick up my phone I have one new text.

Brandon: hey, still up for tonight?

Me: I'm actually in the mood to lay in bed and never come out..

Brandon: be there in ten

I look at the text and sigh, why do I have to be so stupid..