Chapter 77

I put the picture back in the book, and walk back in the nursery. I hear a soft sound, and notice Vincent is awake.

"You should be asleep baby boy.." I smile down at him, I lift him out of his bed. I see Vincent give a slight smile, and I feel my heart swell.

"I think he has been waiting on you.." Travis says, making me jump slightly.

"Um, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up.." I whisper as I rock Vincent, his eyes begin to slowly close and I gently lay him back in his bed.

"Don't apologize.. I would rather a beautiful girl like you wake me up then have Cole with his crazy night hair.. he scares me sometimes." Travis laughs.

"Yea, his hair becomes unruly after eleven.." I chuckle, I stop laughing and turn serious, "you should go to bed, I can take it from here.."

He smirks, and stands up walking over to me.

"Sweetheart, you're not alone in this. I know they are not my kids, but I love them so I am going to take care of them. And frankly, you need more sleep then I do so your body can heal the way it truly should." He whispers, and I feel chills run up my spine as he looks me in the eye.

Within seconds I feel his lips on mine, and my heart erupts.

It knows what it wants, and so does his.

He kisses me passionately, holding my body against his. He holds his hands against my lower back, I tangle my hands in his hair.

"Ashton.." he whispers against my lips.

"Yes, T?"

"I want you.." he whispers, his eyes are holding so much emotion. I widen my eyes slightly, and he takes a step back. "I'm so sorry.. damn it.. I.."

He continues to stutter, and I feel my heart beating out of my chest.

This is your chance Ashton.

Be happy.

He loves you.

You love him too.

"Come with me.." I say grabbing his hand, he looks shocked but doesn't argue.

I grab a baby monitor, and drag him down the stairs with me. I walk through the kitchen, and out the back door. I walk to the old tire swing, I slide in and smile up at Travis.

"Push me.." I say quietly, he smiles at me before he walks behind me and slowly starts to push me.

"Travis.." I say softly holding on to the swing.

"Yes, Ash?"

"Um.. are you seeing anyone?" I say bluntly, he stops the swing. Spinning it around to face him. He places his arms on either side of me, his face inches from mine.

"Ashton, I haven't talked to a single girl since I met you." He says, and I feel my eyes begin to water.

"Why, Travis?"

"Because, when I first saw you talking to Brandon I got jealous, because you are so beautiful. Then at the gym, I loved that you were tough and wasn't afraid to hang with the guys. Everything about you makes me want you more, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met Ashton." He says firmly, I feel slow tears sliding down my face.

"Even after I chose Vinny?" I ask, the words hurt me because I don't regret choosing Vinny one bit.

"I'm glad you chose Vinny, I wish every day that I hear you crying that he was hear to make you happy again. And not only that, but if it weren't for Vinny I would not get to help take care of those beautiful babies.. even though I love you, I wasn't about to get in your way of happiness. I would wait till we were both one hundred years old if I had to. Because I know you are the only woman I will ever want." I see his eyes turning glassy, and my emotions are every where.

He slowly slides me out of the tire swing, and picks my up wrapping my legs around his hips.

"Ashton Olivia Niko, I want to prove my love for you, I will not touch you, other than a kiss.." he winks before continuing, "I will take you on dates, I will stay up all night with the twins so you can sleep. I will cook for you, I will give you a massage anytime you want it. I will do anything to make you smile, I will support you. And most importantly.. I will leave that gang for you. And I will get the boys out of it as well."

His words hit me hard, but I can't do anything but wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his neck.

He holds me close, and walks us back into the house. He slowly walks up the stairs, doing his best to not make any noise. He gently opens my bedroom door, some how managing to do so while holding me.

He lays me down on the bed, and begins to stand but I pull him back down to me. Our lips crash together like waves against a shore, and my body is curving into his. He places his hands on my hips, and his hands have so much strength in them and it's making my body tingle where ever he touches me. I want it all to happen.

"Travis we cant-" I say stopping him, he looks slightly hurt, but nods before smiling.

"Whenever you are ready, and we don't even have to do anything at all.." he begins to say, but I shake my head.

"It's not that.. I want to.. believe me, I truly do. But I'm not allowed to right now.. because the doctor said I can't do anything like that for six weeks after giving birth." I say blushing a crimson red. He chuckles before leaning against me and gently biting my lip.

"Well, I guess this isn't helping matters.." he smirks against my lips, and I slap his shoulder.

"You sir, are very rude.." I pout, making him laugh.

For the rest of the night we lay in my bed, and kiss, crack jokes, and just talk about life.

My heart begins to slowly fall back together