Chapter 33

Vinny won't tell me anything other than the fact that we have to go to the hospital. My stomach is in knots, as I think of all the possibilities. Soon we are pulling into the hospital parking lot. We get out and are met at the door by Dylan and Sebastian.

"What's going on?" I say to the two boys who are looking at the ground.

"Brandon and Travis were in an accident.. well more of a fight.. Brandon went to a fight and the guy stabbed him.." Sebastian starts, and I cut him off.

"Why was he even in a fight?" I ask, confused.

"He slept with the guys girlfriend yesterday night.." Dylan answers me. My stomach drops, he lied, he made me feel bad for not choosing him when he didn't even care. I shake the thoughts out of my head.

"Is he ok? Where is Travis?" I ask, starting to panic.

"He will be fine, the knife didn't hit anything important it will take some time to heal though. And Travis is in ICU, he shot the guy before he could do anymore damage to Brandon, and apparently they were waiting for that. They ambushed Travis, they stabbed him multiple times and hit one of his arteries. They think he will survive, but they don't know how long it will take in surgery.." Sebastian says, his eyes are tearing up. I feel the heat of my tear rushing down my cheeks.

I fall to my knees, and let the sobs rack through my body. Vinny pulls me to him and I dont let him go.

"It's going to be ok, I promise, I love you my girl.." he whispers into my hair, and I can't help but cry harder.

I love all of these boys, they are the only people I have ever been able to call true friends and now two of them are badly hurt. Why is my life going to shit so suddenly.

"Vinny please don't leave me.." I whimper, and he picks me up and takes me to a nearby bench.

"Ashton, I will never leave you." He says before lightly kissing me on the forehead. I look up at Vinny, and I don't know if it's from everything that has happened, but something makes me pull him to me and I kiss him with everything I am. He is shocked at first, but soon gives it back with just as much force. When we finally break apart, we hear someone clear their throats and look up to find Dylan.

"They said we can go back to see Brandon now.. one at a time though." Dylan whispers, you can see the exhaustion, and brokenness in his eyes. He almost lost two of his best friends in one night. He has known the boys longer than I could imagine. I stand up, and wraps my arms around Dylan. He stumbles back slightly, but soon he wraps his arms around me too. He hugs me back like his life depends on it, and when he pulls away his eyes are red.

"It's gonna be ok Dyl, I promise.." I say squeezing his arm gently, he wipes his eyes and nods as we all walk into the hospital.

When we get close to his room, all we hear is steady beeping. The boys all look at me as if to tell me to go first. I look at the ground as I slowly walk up to the door and push it open. When I get in the room I automatically start crying. Brandon is laying in the bed with a huge bandage around his midsection. His face is pale, and his hair is slicked back from sweat. I slowly edge toward him, doing my best not to wake him.

I don't see the cord on the floor in front of me until I trip and start to fall forward. Luckily I don't make very much noise when I hit the floor. I slowly get up, and straighten my clothes.

"Your so clumsy.." I hear a rough voice whisper. I look up and see Brandon slightly smiling at me. My face turns crimson, and I hide behind my hair.

"How are you feeling?" I mumble, wiping away the tears from earlier. His face falls as he realizes I have been crying.

"Why are you crying?" He says looking at my puffy red face. My eyes start to water again, and he motions for me. I walk over to the bed, and he pulls to him. I start to cry, as he holds on to me tightly.

"I'm ok, Ashton it's going to take more than a knife to take me out.." he kisses the top of my head, and I realize it's way to intimate for my liking. I pull back, and his face is confused as I wipe my eyes.

"Your stupid you know that?" I say not meeting his eyes.

"Yes.. sadly I do know that.." he whispers, "They told you the reason didn't they?"

"Yes, they did, and that's why I also know we could never be more Brandon. Your not ready for a relationship, especially with who you work for. I do care about you Brandon, or I wouldn't be here right now." I wipe the tears from my eyes that I didn't realize were falling.

"Ashton, I'm fine with just being your friend.." his face looks pained as he says the words but it helps lift the weight off my shoulders.

"Thank you B, please don't get in anymore fights. Or I will stab you myself.."

"It's a little to soon for the jokes Niko." He says as he puts his hands over the bandage, but I can see the slight smirk on his face.

"I'm going to let the boys see you now, get well B.." I say standing, and walk to the door.

"I'll see you soon Ash.." he says, giving me a small smile.

When I get out into the hallway, the boys all look slightly relieved.

"What's up?" I question all three of them.

"Travis is out of surgery, he is asleep right now though so they won't let us see him yet.." Sebastian says, and I feel like an even bigger weight has been lifted.