Chapter 3

By the end of the day I feel like my hand will fall off any second from all the notes I have taken. You would think because it was the first day of school that they would take it easy on us, but apparently not. I look around the halls trying to find my locker, I already done all the homework my teachers gave and I really don't need to take my backpack home. When I finally find it I put in the combination and open it. Stuffing the books in the top and my backpack in the bottom, I slam the door shut only to be met with hazel eyes.

"Hey new girl! I feel like I haven't seen you at all since first period!" He fakes a pout.

"What does it matter?" I say turning on my heel.

"Well, that hurts." He gasps, I roll my eyes not at all effected by his words.

"Look, thank you for being nice to me. But I'm honestly not interested in a relationship, and not really interested in having any friends. I prefer my solitude, it keeps me out of trouble and away from all the drama." I spew.

"Well, you may be happy to know I am a great listener, drama free and I'm not trying to get in your pants, although you are very beautiful." He looks at me sincerely, and I almost feel bad for assuming he was trying to get into my pants.

"I'm sorry I wasn't trying to come off rude-"

"Hey walker come on man! We gotta go or boss will kill us!" A tall tan boy shouts interrupting me. He is standing with two other boys, one is pale with blonde hair and almost gold brown eyes and the other is a couple inches shorter than me, with a very muscular body. I look back at Brandon and that's when I fully notice that he is about a half a foot taller than me, and his eyes are a mixture of grey and green. And his arms ripple under the tight arms of his band tshirt. That's when I also realize he is clenching his fists.

"Guy's, just give me a second! He will be fine I promise!" He shouts at the three guys.

"Uh, you should go it sounds important." I say pulling my phone out of my pocket and checking the time.

"You sure, friend?" He says chuckling softly, he has a nice laugh.

"Yea, I gotta go home and do my homework." I lie, "you go do your thing. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey can I have your number?" He says blushing slightly, I laugh as he hands me his phone and I type in my number.

"See you tomorrow, gorgeous!" He says turning away from me, and walking away with his friends.

I blush slightly, ok maybe it wouldn't be to bad to have a friend.

I turn and walk the opposite direction, and straight to the principals office. As soon as I reach the outside of the door, I hear talking from multiple people. I cringe do I really want to know what's being said?

I decide against it, it's not that long of a walk home. As I step outside, I decide that the world is against me. It is pouring down rain.

I look towards the street, and decide it's not worth it. So instead I stay under the awning and sit at one of the picnic tables and wait for my mom. I pull out my phone after I feel it vibrate. I have four messages, all from different people.

Mom: honey, I will be another hour. I have two parents arguing with me over your little stunt this morning. Please call an Uber unless you want to wait.

I sigh, not really wanting to fork out the money for an Uber. I start flicking through the other messages.

Dad: I hope you have had a good day at school sweet heart, just know I love you and I hope to see you this weekend.

I decide to ignore his text, I'm not going to see him. I'm not ready to see him living with the man he cheated on my mom with. I go back to the last two messages.

Marcus: hey can we talk?

Unknown: hello beautiful 😘

I decide to also ignore Marcus and his attempts to rekindle things with me, and instead text back the unknown number.

Me: who is this?

Unknown: your beastie!

Me:huh?

Unknown: *bestie

Me: that doesn't tell me much

Unknown: you talked to me like 30 min ago Sweetheart.

Me: Brandon?

Unknown: took you long enough cream puff.

Me: are you calling me fat and fluffy?

Brandon: why on earth would you think that?

Me: you called me cream puff, they are fat and fluffy.

Brandon: not what I meant, I like cream puffs they are soft, and sweet and I love to lick the cream out of the center 😉

Me: I'm blocking you

Brandon: no please don't I'm just joking 😣

Me: lol I kinda figured, but I wanted to see you sweat haha

Brandon: I know another way you can do that 😉

Me: stop

Brandon: I was talking about you going to the gym with me, you pervert. I now feel violated..

Me: whatever you say

I look up in time to see a car pulling up to the curb, the car is a Toyota camry and it is a dark blue almost black. The driver rolls down the window and looks over at me.

"Miss is your name Ashton?" I nod, skeptically looking back at the man.

"I was sent to take you home, I'm your Uber. Your friend Brandon already paid." I chuckle lightly believing the guy. I get into the back and give him directions to my house.

Before I have time to shut my door to my house my phone vibrates.

Brandon: I called you an Uber because I saw you sitting outside and I figured you would turn me down if I tried to give you a ride. 🙄

I laugh at his message and reply a quick thanks before I walk up to my room. Once I get there I flop down on my bed about as gracefully as an elephant. I pull my soft blankets over me and I'm about to doze of when my  phone starts blaring the song I hate everything about you by three days grace.

Well shit..