Chapter 56

I wake up to the sound of my phones alarm. I look down at myself, and I am some how still in my towel from last night. I stand up and don't pay attention when the towel falls to the floor. I walk to my closet and begin pulling out clothes to wear to school. I turn to walk back to my bed when I realize I'm not alone in my room. I look at Travis, and notice his eyes. They look as if he is fighting with himself to look away, he is doing a horrible job of it. I grab the towel quickly and wrap it around me.

"Sorry I know it's not a pleasant sight. But next time knock.." I say flatly, he shakes his head as if to get rid of his thoughts.

"It's wasn't.. I mean it was pleasant.. It was very pleasant. Shit. I'll be down stairs he says as he walks out of my room blushing. I take my clothes into the bathroom to get ready and soon I am walking down stairs. I am wearing a cute pair of jogging pants and some purple reebok with an over sized hoodie. I let my hair lay down my back, I haven't had the urge to make it look pretty lately. I find Travis sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Sorry you had to see that.." I say quietly, he stops me as he stands up and walks over to me. He wraps his arms around my shoulders hugging me as tight as possible. I hug him back slowly, he smells wonderful and I can't keep from leaning into him. I don't know if it is from my hormones, or from missing Vinny but I am definitely having some problems right now.

"Don't be sorry Ashton, you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen.." he whispers in my ear before pulling away.

I feel my eyes tear up but I wipe them quickly.

"Let's go get food before school.. I'm starving and I'm eating for three.." I say jokingly, I see him smile as we walk out side and get into Vinny's car. We drive to the quickest place and after arguing with the woman for ten minutes we drive away with freshly made milkshakes and two burgers.

Not serving lunch yet? Please try to argue that with a pregnant woman.

Your argument in invalid.

Travis continues to laugh as he eats his food. It's not long before we are pulling into the parking lot of the school. I don't get out of the car, instead I wait till the last minute. I practically swallowed the hamburger whole as soon as I got it so now I'm just sipping on my chocolate milkshake. I walk in to the school with Travis right beside me, we meet Brandon at my first class. I wave bye to Travis and instantly miss him as I walk into class with Brandon.

"Ashton, sit in the back with me someone new is here, and we don't need you getting into a fi-" he begins to whisper quickly, but I already see the person he is talking about. I see Dakota giggling as Marcus sits beside her making jokes in her ear. I look up to where Cole usually is, but he isn't here today. There is a substitute teacher in his place, I go to the back of the class and sit down quickly so hopefully Marcus doesn't see. Brandon sits down beside me, and hands me a water bottle.

"You look like you are about to croak, drink this." He whispers, I take the bottle and drink it quickly.

"Good morning class, I will be your teacher today, Mr Jacobs was not able to make it today do to being sick. He will be back tomorrow. So pull your books out and start finding the definitions for the words on the board." The woman in front of us say sweetly. 

It's only fifteen minutes into class when I get a piece of paper thrown at me. I look up and see Marcus staring at me. I open the paper against my better judgment.

Where is your boyfriend Ashton? Hit it and quit it?

I am about to rip the paper up, when Brandon snatches it away. He reads it, and his face turns evil as he looks up at Marcus. He doesn't do anything though, and I am thankful because there is only so much trouble my mother can get us out of. Instead he pulls out his phone and I watch as he texts someone.

Travis pov

I look down at my phone, and see a message from Brandon. I am currently in physical education so I'm just sitting in the weight room.

Brandon: Marcus is here, he is trying to start trouble by taunting Ashton.

Me: what did he do?

Brandon: wrote her a note asking where her boyfriend was and then said hit it and quit it. I know he knows Vinny was killed, I think he may have something to do with it.

Me: we will find him after school, can't get into anymore trouble on the property. Boss will kill us if we get arrested again..

I put my phone away, and ask to be excused. The teacher just grunts, I walk out of the room and walk outside of the school. I pull my phone back out and call Cole.

"Hey Travis what's up?"

"Dude, did you know Marcus started going to this school? And that he is in your first class with Ashton?" I ask, beginning to get mad.

"No, I would have been told. Ashton's mom wouldn't have done that. Unless someone hacked the system and put him in theirselves. And I only know one person that has the capability to do that."

"Me too.. Dakota always gets her way when talking to her dad." I hang up the phone, and realize we have a bigger fight on our hands.

I sit down on the grass of the football field, and let my mind go to something happier. I need to fix this, but right now I need to think about something happier. I lay back against the warm grass, and my mind goes to something so beautiful. I hear the bell rings get signalling class switch and I hurry and get up, I run all the way to the classroom and wait on the girl that hasn't left my mind.