Fall carnival

Lex

The carnival came to town, and Ma and Dad set up an area to sell items from the bakery. We helped, and I also wanted to talk to Lyric. What Piper told me, unnerved me.

Once we finished, I got Lyric alone. I didn't want to worry about others.

"Lex, what's going on," she asked me with concern.

"Piper said something to me about Roger," I mentioned.

"Yeah, so?"

"She said he would threaten her that if she ever broke up with him, he would go after you because of how close you two are," I told her.

"Does he have a death wish or something?" She gave me a look.

"I don't know, but I know one thing is for sure. I wouldn't put it past Roger. Be careful, Lyric," I warned her.

"Lex, if he even thinks about coming near me, I will rip off his balls," she snapped.

Well, okay, then.

She turned and walked away. I don't think I have an issue with Lyric. If it's one thing I know about her, she will do it.

I went to find Piper. I might as well have some fun with her. Plus, we were this close to sharing a kiss until Frick and Frack ruined the moment.

I found her with said cousins and walked up. Okay, Lex, be cool.

"Oh, look, there is Loverboy now," Kaiden exclaimed. Remind me to beat his ass later. I gave him a look.

"Come on, we better leave Lexie poo alone before a blood vessel pops out of his head and causes his head to explode," Kain said, tapping Kaiden as they walked away laughing. Why was I friend with them again? Oh, that's right because they are family, tools.

I looked at her. "Want to ride some rides?"

"Sure," she smiled. With that, we rode different rides.

Piper

Lex and I rode so many rides and had a blast. Then we went into the funhouse. I love funhouses. We entered and navigated our way around.

At one point, we ended up in a dark area, trying to feel our way around. Some people bumped into us, causing Lex to crash against me into a wall. He grabbed my waist to steady me, and I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

I stood there, waiting to see if he would kiss me. To have those full lips on mine would be heaven. My breathing hitched as I felt him turn his head. Was this it? Was he going to kiss me?

I felt him leaned in when we heard some say, "Christ, could you not make out in a funhouse?"

Lex pulled back and pulled up his phone, using the flashlight feature. Nixon stood there along with his cousins snickering great.

"Come on, love birds, your dad wants to know where you are," he said, walking past us as the others did too, laughing.

Well, if I would get kissed, that was over.

We made our way out of the funhouse and walked over to the area Lex's parents were.

"How were the rides?" Nash asked as they were bagging up items.

"It was cool," Lex shrugged.

"Yeah, it was okay," I said casually.

He looked at us as he was packing up things.

"Well, how about you give Piper a ride home," he suggested as Lex looked at him.

"Yeah, sure," he shrugged. We turned and walked away.