Fire

Lex

After school, Lakin and I got stuck helping at the bakery. I prefer to spend time with my girlfriend, but Dad felt that kissing and making out with your girlfriend isn't productive. I disagree.

I was helping in the kitchen while Lakin operated the counter. Kaiden and Kain stopped by the bakery.

"Hey tools," she greeted our cousins.

"Hey, twit, where's Junior at?" Kain asked her.

"Where else? He's in the back," she motioned towards the kitchen area.

They walked into the back, and Kaiden yelled, "Yo, Betty Crocker!"

"Do you have a purpose in life, or are you just coasting by hoping something important happens to you?" I asked, carrying out a tray of bread.

"Well, someone is touchy. No, Piper loving?" Kain asked.

I gave him a look. "Why is sex always have to be a thing with you?"

"Because I'm a teen guy who is horny. What's your excuse?" He retorted.

"Maybe sex is more personal." I bagged up the bread.

"He has yet to dip the hot dog in the bun," Kaiden smirked.

I swear my cousins were something else.

"You two need girls and leave my sex life out of things," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I'll have you know; I enjoy being single. It's more freedom to flirt with wedding guests," Kaiden said to me.

"You have no shame," I said to him.

"And damn proud of it," he smirked.

"Lakin, did you seen Frick and Frack?" We heard Nixon say.

Kaiden and Kain looked at me, "We were never here, and you never saw us," Kain said as they busted their ass to get out of the kitchen through the back door. My guess, they were to do something but screwed around.

Nixon popped his head into the kitchen. "Where are they?"

I motion at the back door. "Frick and Frack went that way."

"Thanks," he said, turning around and leaving. Yeah, I had no issue throwing them under a bus, considering their mouths were always running.

I kept working when I heard the bell chimed and heard Mia's voice, figures.

Out in the front, Mia walked over and leaned onto the counter. "Hey, hot stuff," Mia greeted Lakin.

"Hey, gorgeous," Lakin leaned over and kissed her.

"How much longer are you going to be here?" Mia asked Lakin.

"Until we close, which is around nine. We all have to take turns working at the bakery, but it works, considering we also get paid for it," Lakin smirked, causing Mia to laugh.

"Guess I will hang out until then," Mia smiled as they continued to talk.

A few minutes later, Piper came in, and Lakin motions to the back. She walked in and over to me as I had my back turned. I felt arms snake around me from behind and smelt the scent of mangos.

I turned around to see her smiling and leaned in, kissing her. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I would keep my boyfriend company while he worked," she said to me.

"Best company ever," I said, giving her another kiss, then I went back to work as we talked.

"I got a letter today from the county prison," she said as I was in the back, grabbing a tray of bread. I carried it to the table.